"b1bob lives it up in Tahiti" Top 5 Page for this destination French Polynesia by b1bob
French Polynesia Travel Guide: 1,456 reviews and 3,248 photos
Finally, we landed at FAAA Airport in Papeete (pronounced PA-PAY-AY-TAY) at 2.59 on the morning of Saturday, 29 June 1991. 2.59 in Tahiti meant 8.59 in Richmond. Therefore, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure I was knackered after 24 hours of travel. There were other similar American groups that were on our coach: from New York; Washington, Pennsylvania; from Westminster, Maryland; Canyon, Texas; and us.
Some Tahitian ladies put floral leis around everyone's neck (which unfortunately aggravated my allergies). After reclaiming our luggage, we got on the coach driven by our Tahitian guide named Lionel. Due to the late, rather early, hour, we went straightaway to our hotel, the Tahiti Country Club. An accommodations dispute in my group delayed my sleep. My room mate, Mr. Rath, pitched a hissy because they didn't put him together with his daughter, Robin. The rules prohibited adult group members from sharing a room with the kids. I was for that rule which kept me from having to room with my brother. You will note that in pictures I take of him in French Polynesia (as well as Sydney, Rotorua and Honolulu), he hammed it up for the camera so much I felt like having him glazed and cloved.
- Pros:Great weather, friendly locals, and inventive transport.
- Cons:In the middle of nowhere- most international flights happen late at night.
- In a nutshell:It's work to get there, but you'll be glad you did.
I don't drink beer, folks, but Hinano was a lunch staple of my brother's. I took a picture of the vahine (pretty island... more travel advice
For folks who don't speak French, you can't get a room with a view here. (Well, maybe the mayor can.) A hôtel de ville... more travel advice
b1bob's Related Pages
French Polynesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "French Polynesia in the Pacific"
- "Honeymoon in paradise"
- "Our Honeymoon Destination"
- "b1bob lives it up in Tahiti"
- "French Polynesia"
- "A Honeymoon in Paradise..."
- "photos from french polynesia,cooks ,marqueses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in French Polynesia
- Hotels in French Polynesia
- Transportation in French Polynesia
- Nightlife in French Polynesia
- Restaurants in French Polynesia
- Shopping in French Polynesia
- Warnings and Dangers in French Polynesia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in French Polynesia
- 20 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to French Polynesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in French Polynesia
Photos in French PolynesiaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 244 reviews, 480 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 153 reviews, 241 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos