"b1bob goes to Kitty Hawk" Kitty Hawk by b1bob
Kitty Hawk Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 57 photos
Kitty Hawk is the site of the first heavier-than-air flight. Every time y'all hop on an airplane to travel to your holiday destination of choice, just remember it started here in Kitty Hawk on 17 December 1903. Of all the towns along the Outer Banks, Kitty Hawk is where we visited least. Besides the Wright Memorial, a few shops, and some restaurants, we mainly passed through it. We stayed in Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, and Duck, but never Kitty Hawk. We only went to the beach there once early one morning when I was very young. On traveling from the north like we did in the 1980s and 1990s, once we reached Kitty Hawk, the mileposts began and we were almost there.
- Pros:Kitty Hawk has a permanent place in history as the site of first flight.
- Cons:The mosquitos are either so small they can fly through holes in the screen or big enough to break it down.
The Wright Memorial Bridge crosses the Pamlico Sound from Harbinger to Kitty Hawk. There is a hump in the middle to... more travel advice
If you look at a map, the whole of North Carolina's Outer Banks poke out prominently in the Atlantic Ocean. That makes... more travel advice
b1bob's Related Pages
Kitty Hawk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob goes to Kitty Hawk"
- "Road trippin in the Trooper."
- "Where man learnt to fly"
- "Pegasus but not the Wright Brothers"
- "s.l.keeling's new Kitty Hawk Page"
- "Kitty Hawk, North Carolina"
- "jcm3695's new Kitty Hawk Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kitty Hawk
- Hotels in Kitty Hawk
- Transportation in Kitty Hawk
- Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
- Shopping in Kitty Hawk
- Warnings and Dangers in Kitty Hawk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kitty Hawk
- 8 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Kitty Hawk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kitty Hawk
Photos in Kitty HawkSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 249 reviews, 495 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 154 reviews, 245 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 66 reviews, 128 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 76 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos