"b1bob's edifying Asheville adventures" Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville by b1bob

Asheville Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 1,063 photos

On Saturday, 22 March 2003, Mark and I set out for Asheville, North Carolina to spend a lot of time at the Biltmore Estate. However, we made sure we toured downtown Asheville before the light got low. I was really surprised by the intricate architecture and landscaping at Biltmore, the style of the Inn at Biltmore Estate, and the character of downtown Asheville was completely different than I expected. I will go into much greater detail on the tips. Go to Asheville and you will be surprised.

• Pros:Asheville is beautiful in the spring and the autumn.
  • Cons:It is so far off the beaten path that it doesn't occur to many (especially from other countries) to go here.
  • In a nutshell:A beautiful place that has yet to be fully discovered by many.
  • Last visit to Asheville: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 28, 2003

• Aug 18, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Intersting tips about Biltmore House

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 12:07 PM

You did a great service in presenting this area. It is a secret that few know how great it is. I visited here often to get to the NC hills and across the terrain.

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Ok Nat...so maybe I'll have to pick up a few gargoyles for my place to attract more visitors...is that good thing? Carol and I will drive thru Asheville next week. Thanks for the terrific preview...Tom

• DPando's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 2:45 PM

nice pics!! curious place !! lol

• xaver's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 9:26 AM

yes, definitly a nice stop on the way.

• ferdnbean's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2005 at 6:47 PM

Well, in a similar fashion to the one fingered salute you got from the protesters inAsheville, I give you a THUMBS UP for this page. Ferd

• Dumpymotel's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2004 at 6:42 AM

Nice House... An American Mansion For Sure. & Snotty Hippies are the same no matter where you go.

• Bushman23's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2004 at 6:10 AM

Nat, excellent page! nice detail & great photo's! Anton...

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2004 at 10:29 AM

Nat this Gorgeous Place is a living museum! I like this Asheville! Great Job my friend! :-) and great new photo of Nat!

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2004 at 10:14 AM

Haha...what a funny photo.

b1bob

Badges & Stats in Asheville

Have you been to Asheville?

Latest Activity in Asheville