"b1bob's Six Flags Magic Mountains Adventures" Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia by b1bob

Valencia Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 64 photos

On Labour Day (2 September), 1996, Clint, Natasha and I made the hour trip from Chino Hills to Valencia, CA just north of Los Angeles to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain. Most of these parks open at 9 am, so we got up with the chickens to be there on time, but this one opened at 10.

Magic Mountain was built in 1971 and it was eventually bought by Six Flags in the late 1970's. Just from the entrance, the rides seemed to make anything I had ridden before look like a kiddie ride.

For the most park, the themed sections of the park have a decidedly California flavour.

Colossus county fair
Bugs Bunny World

• Last visit to Valencia: Sep 1996
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2003

• Sep 1, 2008 at 3:13 AM

I like the name of the place: Valencia. Never hear it before in US. Some nice tips here. Thanks Nat for your e-mail!

• kenyneo's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Oh no ...getting a little dizzy with all the roller coaster ..the name Valencia gave me the impression of Tuscany in Italy or maybe a small town of Spain ...lol ...not a fan of all these high tech gadgets

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 7:54 PM

It was a shame to see Valencia get taken out by that nuclear bomb in the TV show "24." Hopefully the amusement park survived.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 8:39 AM

This--IMO--is the best way to experience those rides; reading about them! Seems you CAN sleep anywhere Nat!!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 6:30 PM

Thanks for taking me back to the old school. I was born and raised getting into M.M. for free :)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2004 at 2:52 PM

Great place if you love rollercoasters for sure. I like to bring my 11 year old here and just spend a grand day. Very accurate and helpful tips. Thanks!

• seamandrew's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2004 at 11:25 PM

You left out the Superman ride! It was awesome... What was it called. It's like the Chiller at Great Adventure in NJ...

• Jmill42's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 1:47 PM

Nija, Viper... I always loved the names of rides! But, Psychlone is a new one!! I think I like it best!

• matcrazy0's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2003 at 2:58 PM

Great page!

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2003 at 9:16 AM

I had a seasons pas for 'six flags europe' this year. lol. Quit fun except Frederik is a bit of a chicken. lol

b1bob

Badges & Stats in Valencia

Have you been to Valencia?