Germany Hotel Tips by b1bob
Germany Hotels: 257 reviews and 306 photos
Gasthof Hotel Zum Pflug
The last night of my second trip to Europe (1987), we stayed at the Gasthof-Hotel Zum Pflug. This hotel is at the top of the hill in the Black Forest. This was a nice change from the urban hotels in Frankfurt or Munich. The hotel restaurant served a continental breakfast which consisted of hard rolls, jelly, and coffee. If it weren't our last night I would have wanted to stay a week.
Unique Qualities: The rooms have a private balcony and the bedsheets were of down (duck feathers, for those in Roxboro).
Address: Familie Günter Untertal 1, 78098 Triberg-Gremmelsbach
Comparison: about average
Directions: Detailed Directions
Other Contact: +49 (0) 7722 4988 (fax)
Phone: +49 (0) 7722 4836
Munich was our longest stay on this trip. We weren't in our rooms much but all the basics were there- a good, comfortable bed. The restaurant on the bottom floor served great food considering that it was prepaid by the tour group.
Unique Qualities: There are 2 restaurants, a beer garden, hotel bar, a swimming pool, and steam room. Right nice for a place a tour group would stay. C.H.A. must have gotten a great deal.
Address: Domagkstr. 26, Muenchen 80807
The Hotel Rothenburger was a nice old-fashioned inn. The bed had a nice down comforter. The thing that made this hotel different from those in the states was that one had to go down the hall to go to the loo. That's not as easy as it sounds getting up in the middle of the night. I had to make certain not to lock myself out of my room.
Address: Rothenburg o.T.
Other Contact: 09861 / 30 38
lobby of the Holiday Inn Taunus Zentrum
Holiday Inn Frankfurt Taunus Zentrum is where my group stayed during the 1987 tour. Stefan Samse took the train from Northeim down there and he was sutting there waiting when I came back from the Rhine River Cruise which turned out the be the SAME one we took the previous year.
Unique Qualities: At that time, it had a nicely appointed lobby with leather couches. The restaurant was okay, but nothing to write home about. They served chicken cordon bleu to the lot of us. Mental note: chicken and ham are both okay, just not together. The rooms were typical of Holiday Inns anywhere. I'm not particular about hotel rooms. As long as the room and loo are clean and I get a good night's sleep, I'm satisfied.
Address: Not far from the Frankfurt airport
Unique Qualities: From what little we were able to see of it, it was a right nice little inn. The folks there extended us the best hospitality even though we were just passing through.
Address: Downtown Koblenz
Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (34)
- See All Heidelberg
- See All great place to stop along the Rhine
- See All Great baked goods
- One Rhine River cruise is enough!
b1bob's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Discover Germany’s incredible diversity"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Explore the World
- Best Western Kilima Hotel
- Le Dome Hotel
- InnSuites Tucson City Center
- Du Lac Hotel
- Oliver Loud's Inn
- Hotel Sorriso
- Clarion Collection Kompan Hotel
- Sunray Hotel
- Hotel Turismo Do Minho
- Uptown Motel
- Roebuck Inn
- Old Wooden Bridge Fishing Camp
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 39 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Read real reviews about Germany Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 243 reviews, 479 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 152 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6887 Reviews - 15385 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4310 Reviews - 9915 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 950 Reviews - 2158 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1609 Reviews - 4007 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1455 Reviews - 3461 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1677 Reviews - 3688 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 617 Reviews - 1591 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 885 Reviews - 3015 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1065 Photos
- Karlsruhe Hotels
- 895 Reviews - 4119 Photos
- Dresden Hotels
- 1208 Reviews - 3553 Photos
- Heidelberg Hotels
- 1039 Reviews - 2716 Photos
- Mainz Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 712 Photos
- Berchtesgaden Hotels
- 283 Reviews - 828 Photos