"b1bob geht nach Deutschland" Germany by b1bob
Germany Travel Guide: 56,030 reviews and 163,762 photos
I have been to and through Germany 4 times in my life:
July, 1986: To start with, this was supposed to be a quick pass through. The original plan was, after a day of touring Amsterdam, to hop in the bus and drive to Koblenz to spend the first night on European soil there, take a Rhine River cruise from nearby Boppard and drive into Lucerne the second evening. Because our flight from Amsterdam was delayed so much, our stay in Koblenz turned into a brief opportunity to freshen up and have breakfast so we could catch up with the all-important schedule of this group tour.
June, 1987: Straightaway after my graduation from Lee-Davis High School, I took another group tour which was given as a graduation present. This time, we saw a lot more of Germany. We visited Frankfurt, Rothenberg, and Munich. On the way up from Switzerland to the airport in Frankfurt, we spent the last night in Triberg.
July-August, 1989, August 1994: Passed through Frankfurt on the way to and from Nice (1989) and from Greece (1994).
July-August, 1990: Really, this visit came in two parts. The original plan after my studies in Madrid were over to visit friends in France and then Germany. However, Stefan's holiday schedule changed, so I had to go from Madrid to Dortmund, to France and back to Germany in Northeim. I visited Stefan Grönniger in Dortmund from 28-31 July. We didn't do an awful lot of touring around. we did go to some old castle with a moat near Dortmund. I got to meet his family and his girlfriend Simone. A week after I left Dortmund, I returned to Germany in Northeim where I stayed with Stefan Samse for a week before I returned to the United States.
This is just a best of page. For more detailed information, visit the city sites. Give me a break on the ratings under the new system.
Germany is noted for its beer. I don't drink, but for a first-hand account of Germany's beer see Germany by richiecdisc
My tour group (the second time out, 1987) stumbled into Heidelberg on a day only a duck could love. Still, it didn't... more travel advice
The last night of my second trip to Europe (1987), we stayed at the Gasthof-Hotel Zum Pflug. This hotel is at the top of... more travel advice
- See All Great baked goods
- One Rhine River cruise is enough!
- See All Frankfurt am Main airport
b1bob's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Discover Germany’s incredible diversity"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 39 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 243 reviews, 479 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 152 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6866 Reviews - 15332 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4309 Reviews - 9910 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1667 Reviews - 3684 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 950 Reviews - 2158 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1607 Reviews - 3989 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1453 Reviews - 3457 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 612 Reviews - 1569 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 883 Reviews - 3005 Photos
- Karlsruhe Hotels
- 895 Reviews - 4115 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1065 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels
- 585 Reviews - 1823 Photos
- Würzburg Hotels
- 353 Reviews - 1189 Photos
- Fussen Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Dresden Hotels
- 1205 Reviews - 3542 Photos