Washington D.C. Hotel Tips by b1bob

Washington D.C. Hotels: 86,933 reviews and 276 photos

The Hay-Adams - Washington D.C.

The Hay-Adams

Hay Adams Hotel: Are you crazy? Hay Adams Hotel Review

Unique Qualities: On their website, they say it is the closest thing to staying in the White House without being invited by the President. Well, it is located within spitting distance of the White House. My friend Stefan is a Days Inn type of guy just like myself, but he was part of a delegation of staffers from the German Bundestag on official business, so they say a little bit of elegance was called for. As uncomfortable as I was with said elegance, I went into the Hay-Adams to meet Stefan for lunch and a little bit of touring. I don't care if I ever do get rich or famous enough to stay here, I'm staying at the Days Inn across from Fort Myer, taking the free hotel shuttle to Rosslyn, and the metro to McPherson Square if somebody in the White House ever wants to talk to me. I know the folks at Hay-Adams try hard and they were very kind to me (holding the door for me even though I wasn't their guest), but it's just not the "b1bob" kind of hotel.

Address: 800 16TH STREET NW, Washington, DC 20006

Comparison: most expensive

Directions: From I Street: Keep straight until you see the AFL-CIO building, take a hard right. When you see the White House, the Hay-Adams is on your right.

Phone: (202) 638-6600

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.hayadams.com

• Updated Mar 19, 2004
Days Inn Gateway - Washington D.C.

Days Inn Gateway

Days Inn Gateway: Less than capital D.C. accommodations Days Inn Gateway Review

The Days Inn Gateway is located in a seedier section of Washington, DC. The only reason my boss reserved this place was its irresistibly close proximity to our auction site in March, 1994. We felt only moderately safe with our room doors locked. Other guests were so loud at night that it was impossible to get to sleep. This is no reflection on Days Inn. They have a much better location just across the river in Arlington.

Address: 2700 New York Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20002

Comparison: least expensive

Phone: 202-832-5800

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Motel

• Updated Aug 31, 2003

b1bob

Badges & Stats in Washington D.C.

Have you been to Washington D.C.?

Latest Activity in Washington D.C.

Visiting Washington D.C.?
Read real reviews about Washington D.C. Hotels!

Top 10 Washington D.C. Things to Do