California Tourist Trap Tips by b1bob
California Tourist Traps: 37 reviews and 19 photos
Mann's Chinese Theatre
We also went to Mann's Chinese theater to see the hand and footprints of a smaller group of movie stars. In total we walked about 3 miles. I found Hollywood to be seedier than I thought it would be. There were bums asking for a handout every 15 ft. (5 m).
Unique Suggestions: I pretended not to know English to get away without harassment. If you don't happen to speak 6 foreign languages like I do, fake it by babbling like a madman.
Los Angeles skyline at dusk
Downtown Los Angeles. The second largest U.S. city does sure enough have a skyline, but it lacks a real core downtown. All the major tourist areas are out a ways from central city L.A. The movie studios have moved to the hills, the major theme parks are in neighbouring Orange County or in Valencia (on the other side of the San Gabriel Mountains).
<b>It's a Small World @ Disneyland</b>. That annoying and repetitive tune will go through your head all day long.
More Reviews (31)
- See All Waldo (or Rainbow) Tunnel
- See All Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Santa Clara Marriott
- See All Famous Californian: Ronald Reagan
- See All Ontario (California) International...
b1bob's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ciudad del Carmen Hotels
- Pine Creek Hotels
- Mali Drvenik Hotels
- Chambéry Hotels
- Provincia de La Vega
Badges & Stats in California
- 121 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 243 reviews, 479 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 153 reviews, 241 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
Top California hotels
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4392 Reviews - 8845 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9113 Reviews - 19382 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3196 Reviews - 7270 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 711 Reviews - 1958 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 349 Reviews - 766 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 646 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 917 Reviews - 2734 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 457 Reviews - 1054 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 163 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 448 Reviews - 1294 Photos
- Manhattan Beach Hotels
- 350 Reviews - 759 Photos
- Mammoth Lakes Hotels
- 252 Reviews - 499 Photos
- Solvang Hotels
- 268 Reviews - 678 Photos
- Cambria Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 202 Photos
- South Lake Tahoe Hotels
- 359 Reviews - 776 Photos
- PCH--Pacific Coast Highway--Highway 1- 22 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Other California Sights- 71 Reviews, 320 Photos
- Giant Redwoods- 20 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Hearst Castle- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Yosemite National Park- 51 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Other National / State Parks- 59 Reviews, 122 Photos
- BIG SUR- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Pacific Ocean / Local Beaches- 16 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Churches / Temples / Mosques- 10 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Museums / Libraries- 21 Reviews, 61 Photos
See All California Things to Do