California Tourist Trap Tips by b1bob
California Tourist Traps: 37 reviews and 19 photos
Mann's Chinese Theatre
We also went to Mann's Chinese theater to see the hand and footprints of a smaller group of movie stars. In total we walked about 3 miles. I found Hollywood to be seedier than I thought it would be. There were bums asking for a handout every 15 ft. (5 m).
Unique Suggestions: I pretended not to know English to get away without harassment. If you don't happen to speak 6 foreign languages like I do, fake it by babbling like a madman.
Los Angeles skyline at dusk
Downtown Los Angeles. The second largest U.S. city does sure enough have a skyline, but it lacks a real core downtown. All the major tourist areas are out a ways from central city L.A. The movie studios have moved to the hills, the major theme parks are in neighbouring Orange County or in Valencia (on the other side of the San Gabriel Mountains).
<b>It's a Small World @ Disneyland</b>. That annoying and repetitive tune will go through your head all day long.
More Reviews (31)
- See All Waldo (or Rainbow) Tunnel
- See All Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Santa Clara Marriott
- See All Famous Californian: Ronald Reagan
- See All Ontario (California) International...
b1bob's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ingoldmells Hotels
- Schaarsbergen Hotels
- Sebago Lake Hotels
- Mother Vineyard Hotels
- County Sligo
- Rose Hill
Badges & Stats in California
- 121 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 243 reviews, 479 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 152 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
Top California hotels
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9083 Reviews - 19112 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4336 Reviews - 8577 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3050 Reviews - 6642 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 702 Reviews - 1934 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 647 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 909 Reviews - 2715 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 1051 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Napa Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 1142 Photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Hotels
- 378 Reviews - 1052 Photos
- Yosemite National Park Hotels
- 1486 Reviews - 3370 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 176 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 431 Reviews - 1249 Photos
- Carlsbad Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 328 Photos
- Santa Cruz Hotels
- 284 Reviews - 635 Photos
- PCH--Pacific Coast Highway--Highway 1- 21 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Other California Sights- 62 Reviews, 262 Photos
- Hearst Castle- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Giant Redwoods- 19 Reviews, 22 Photos
- 17 Mile Drive- 8 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Disneyland / California Adventure- 24 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Other National / State Parks- 58 Reviews, 117 Photos
- BIG SUR- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Yosemite National Park- 50 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Pacific Ocean / Local Beaches- 15 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All California Things to Do