California Favorite Tips by b1bob

California Favorites: 346 reviews and 299 photos

Waldo Tunnel (Marin County) - California

Waldo Tunnel (Marin County)

Waldo (or Rainbow) Tunnel

Favorite thing: The Waldo Tunnel stood out to me upon crossing the Golden Gate bridge for the rainbow painted at the portal. It is part of Highway 101 between the Golden Gate and Sausalito. It was named for a Whig gubernatorial candidate in California's early history. The first bore was completed in 1937 and the second in 1954 (World War II, I'm guessing, had a lot to do with the wide interval). The rainbow was painted over each portal by a Caltrans employee. The Waldo Tunnel has appeared in several movies.

• Written Feb 20, 2012
Grandma Terry at Pier 39 - California

Grandma Terry at Pier 39

Grandma Terry

Fondest memory: In August, 1985, I accompanied my grandma Terry (pictured) to visit Aunt Natalie, Uncle Dick and my cousins Scott and Eric was my fondest memory of San Francisco-Stockton trip. Not only did we see San Francisco, but we also visited Uncle Dick's parents Helen & Henry in the Sierra foothills in Calaveras County. It was on that occasion when we celebrated Aunt Natalie's 45th birthday . The rest of the week was spent in Stockton, just 50 miles (80 km.) to the east.

• Updated May 15, 2004
Main Street Electrical Parade - California

Main Street Electrical Parade

Disneyland LOS ANGELES Review

Fondest memory: Going to Disneyland the last year of the Main Street Electrical Parade (1996) was probably one of my fondest memories of California. That was my second trip to Disneyland and I shared this excellent adventure with my friends Clint and Natasha.

• Updated Mar 13, 2004

b1bob

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?

Latest Activity in California