United States of America Warnings Or Dangers Tips by b1bob Top 5 Page for this destination
United States of America Warnings and Dangers: 140 reviews and 91 photos
make a mental note of this sign
Whether you visit the Outer Banks of North Carolina, the Gold Coast of Florida, the Jersey Shore, or Cape Cod, be mindful of hurricane season. From 1 June through to 30 November of any given year, if you make holiday at the beach, you will see "hurricane evacuation route" signs on the way in. Make a mental note of them so that in case you have to cut your holiday short due to an upcoming hurricane, you can make a clean getaway. Hurricanes are nothing to be fooled around with, even a weak category 1 hurricane could mean bad news if it hits your holiday spot directly. Leave when told to do so by local authorities. Thanks to ClarkRB for finding me the photo I will use between now and the next time I go to the beach.
Obey all traffic laws. Each of the 50 states has its own traffic law, as opposed to it coming from one centralised national government (so fines are different depending on the state or even the county). As far as speed limits go, that makes sense because roads in Wyoming pass through more sparsely populated territory than, say, Maryland. However, each state has its own legal limit for drink driving, so the best thing to do is not take ANY alcohol before you step behind the wheel. Furthermore, many states make seatbelt use mandatory. They have the slogan "click it or ticket". In some of those states, if a police officer notices you (or any passenger) not buckled up, he (or she) will stop you just for that offence alone.
Maryland House Rest Area, I-95 exit 82
Don't pull off just anywhere along side the road to sleep. There are rest areas alongside most interstate highways at reasonable intervals that provide an environment to go to the loo, get a snack (from vending machines), stretch your legs, and walk around. I would advise against napping there in your car because rest area crime is on the rise.
If you hire a car or motor home and drive through sparsely populated areas (like North Dakota or Wyoming), make sure you have plenty of blankets in case of breakdown.
Philadelphia- a place to mind your surroundings
Be aware of your surroundings especially in the inner cities. If you're visiting the big cities, stay within the touristy areas or ask the concierge or guy behind the desk (depending on what kind of hotel you choose) of places less well traveled, yet safe, within that city.
More Reviews (198)
- See All The west as they know it
- See All unique, authentic, and always affordable
- See All movies
- See All George Bush Intercontinental Airport...
- See All Yard sales
- See All The Pop Shoppe
b1bob's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Juan
- Toril Hotels
- Revelstoke Hotels
- Province of Manitoba Hotels
- McLeod Ganj
- Skiathos Hotels
- Ko Samet Warnings and Dangers
- New Haven Warnings and Dangers
- Dhaka Warnings and Dangers
- Maputo Warnings and Dangers
- Papua New Guinea Warnings and Dangers
- Brugge Warnings and Dangers
- Kakadu National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Chile Warnings and Dangers
- Baku Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Chiapas Warnings and Dangers
- Kyrgyzstan Warnings and Dangers
- Hamburg Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 1,761 Reviews
- 2,499 Photos
- 53 Forum posts
- 39 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: The same announcement..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "New York's John F. Kennedy Int'l Airport (JFK)"
- Wrote a Review The west as they know it in United States of America Restaurants
- updated a United States of America Travel Page "A constant work in progress"
- Commented on one of Leipzig's United States of America travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 243 reviews, 479 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 153 reviews, 241 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
Top United States of America hotels
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2037 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1034 Reviews - 2092 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos
- New Orleans Hotels
- 4178 Reviews - 7220 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- 388 Reviews - 649 Photos
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1993 Reviews - 4750 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9106 Reviews - 19355 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4385 Reviews - 8826 Photos
- Miami Hotels
- 1267 Reviews - 2919 Photos
- Chicago Hotels
- 5885 Reviews - 12006 Photos