"b1bob's nueva página de Barcelona" Barcelona by b1bob

Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,538 reviews and 21,845 photos

I took the opportunity to spend two weekends with a friend of mine, Javier, from Barcelona. I had a Eurailpass and on Friday 13 and 20 July 1990, I took off for Madrid's Chamartín station for the 15.00 train to Barcelona. It took about 6 hours to get there. The first weekend, Javier and I toured the city and saw things like the Sagrada Familia and other places. At that time, Barcelona was sprucing up for the upcoming 1992 Olympics. The joke around town was, "The shortest distance between two points is...under construction." The second weekend, we went to meet up with his family at their beach house at Vilanova i Geltru.

• Last visit to Barcelona: Jul 1990
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2003

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Hello :) Nice to remember Barcelona :) Great page ;) I see I havent been to El Parque de la España Industrial. Maybe next time :) I finally wrote BCN page by myself too ;) How is life? ;)

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 4:26 AM

Great picture of Magic Fountain of Montjuic. We have been to Barcelona as well, hope to write about it soon. Untill then ... great page!

• eslim_81's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 2:09 AM

A beautiful magic fountain

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 2:54 PM

I still haven't been to Barcelona....I really should put that right one day soon!

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 12:26 PM

You have been everywhere hahaha and I noticed that we've also been to the same cities:))

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2005 at 2:08 PM

Good views on Barcelona - a must see European city

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 6:49 PM

Ah, que me gusta paella y tortilla!!! :) Una página muy buena sobre una ciudad maravillosa! Maria :)

• kenyneo's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 6:52 PM

oh dear , where is the Sagrada Familia pic ? Though a little eeire looking , its after all the landmark ...hehehe ....:-)

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2004 at 9:51 AM

I loved the old cathedral a lot. It has that special atmosphere and the Spanish are very religious. Something we lost i Belgium.(I don't like Churros y chocolate - that's no chocalate.;-)) I hope to see Barcelona again one day. Great food tips Nat.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 11:47 PM

I didn't have my churros with hot chocolate, but it sounds good!

b1bob

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

Have you been to Barcelona?