Colonia del Sacramento Transportation Tips by b1bob
Colonia del Sacramento Transportation: 28 reviews and 25 photos
We set sail for Argentina at 6.53. It was much cooler at that time, so I didn't mind sitting out on the deck. Compared to the ride over when you couldn't get a seat edgewise, there weren't enough people on the trip back to have a square dance. There was one ol' boy who was so fat he made me look like Twiggy. I also met up again with Hernan on the ferry back to Buenos Aires. This time, I introduced him to Alex. I was so hungry I could have eaten the ship's wheel, but I resisted eating the overpriced food aboard. For those who are new to the travel game, ferryboats- like airports- mark up the prices for food and drink because folks aboard are a captive audience. So, pack a lunch pail if you don't want to be financially skewered. It got dark during the river crossing and we saw some lights in the distance. Alex asked me if I thought it was the lights of Buenos Aires. I said, "No, somebody's building a Texas-sized bonfire on shore." What else could it be besides Buenos Aires? As we slowly but surely got close enough to make out the names on the buildings, Alex told me that the sign on the Telefonica building was moving to and fro. It didn't look like it was moving, but I waited to judge until I was on a stable point of reference. I still didn't see the sign move. He must have got a nip of bad Uruguayan moonshine or something.
More Reviews (6)
b1bob's Related Pages
Colonia del Sacramento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay"
- "Colonia del Sacramento"
- "The ugliest page of the nicest town"
- "Colonia del Sacramento"
- "A beautiful old town in Uruguay"
- "Going back in Time Machine"
- "Wonderful Ancient Colonia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colonia del Sacramento
- Hotels in Colonia del Sacramento
- Transportation in Colonia del Sacramento
- Restaurants in Colonia del Sacramento
- Shopping in Colonia del Sacramento
- Warnings and Dangers in Colonia del Sacramento
- See All...
Explore the World
- Isla Mujeres
- Lucketts Hotels
- Bombay Beach Hotels
- Sydenham Hotels
- Abano Terme
- `Arafat Hotels
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Badges & Stats in Colonia del Sacramento
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Colonia del Sacramento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colonia del Sacramento
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: The same announcement..."
- updated a Colonia del Sacramento Travel Page "b1bob's Excellent Uruguay Adventures"
- Uploaded a Photo to "b1bob's Excellent Uruguay Adventures"
- Wrote a Review Downtown Colonia in Colonia del Sacramento Things to Do
- Commented on one of acemj's Colonia del Sacramento travel pages
Photos in Colonia del SacramentoSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 243 reviews, 479 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 152 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
Latest Colonia del Sacramento hotel reviews
- Kempinski Hotel Colony Park Plaza Colonia del Sacramento
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2012
- El Viajero Hostel Suites Colonia
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Radisson Hotel Colonia del Sacramento
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- La Mision
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 5, 2013
- Hotel Italiano
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 10, 2013
- Don Antonio Posada
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013