"b1bob's nouvelle page de Paris" Paris by b1bob
Paris Travel Guide: 22,738 reviews and 56,112 photos
Paris was the third stop in my first foreign trip in the summer of 1986. That was the summer after Reagan tried to bomb Qadafi and many Americans were scared he would retaliate that summer. Folks cancelled their European holidays in droves, but we didn't. As a result, the Parisians were nicer to Americans than usual.
Although I had used my French some in Luzern, this was my first chance to really prove myself in the language I had been taking for 3 years in high school. My French so impressed a maître d'hôtel (I ordered for others and escargot for myself) at a restaurant downtown that he served us personally. We saw all the obligatory sites and it was right much fun for an organised group tour.
- Pros:The French were nicer to Americans than I was told they would be.
- Cons:You constantly have to be on guard against pickpockets.
For those from Roxboro, this is not the school in Indiana that usually has a good football team. Most French literature... more travel advice
Hey, if this your thing, they have it in Paris. Use your imagination, this is a family site. more travel advice
b1bob's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 18 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 250 reviews, 498 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 154 reviews, 245 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mechanicsville Intro, 69 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 76 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos