"b1bob does Europe many times" Europe by b1bob
Europe Travel Guide: 686,639 reviews and 1,827,425 photos
I have been to Europe 7 times:
1986: I took a whirlwind group tour and saw Amsterdam (a very little bit due to a late plane); Koblenz (Germany); Lucerne (Switzerland); Paris and London. I met friends in Koblenz and London and used a foreign language in a real-life experience for the first time in Paris.
1987: As a high school graduation present, I received a whirlwind group tour through Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. On that trip, we saw plenty of picturesque countryside, all of King Ludwig's castles, and some other sights including Mozart's birthplace and where they filmed "The Sound of Music".
1989: The main purpose of this trip was to study French in Nice, but I took side trips to Monaco, Ventimiglia (Italy), Strasbourg, and Charmes sur L'Herbasse, France.
1990: Since I did so well in Nice the previous year, I decided to make another go of the study abroad programme in Madrid. After a very interesting trip over there (see the intro to my Madrid page for details), I had successful studies and interesting side trips to Lisbon and Barcelona. After my studies were over, I decided to visit friends in Dortmund and Northeim, Germany and in Charmes sur L'Herbasse, France. I was gone for about 50 days, the longest I have been out of the country to date. English almost sounded strange to the ear on my return.
1993: A friend I met in Madrid (Fernando Pensado Miguel) and I had become good friends and he invited me to visit him at his home in Santiago de Compostela in the northwestern part of Spain.
1994: A friend of mine from Athens invited me to stay with him in August, 1994. We spent most of our time in athens, but we were off to Naxos the first weekend.
2000: Luc Marcellin, my friend since 1984, had invited me to his wedding for June, 2000. However, I couldn't make it then, but I agreed to come a few months later. So, in December, 2000, I visited Luc and his new wife Isabelle for a week. We mostly stuck around Lyon, but on the weekend, we went into the foothills of the Alps in Alpe du Grand Serre. That was my favourite part of the trip.
For my next trip to Europe, I want to take a tour that begins in Germany (and includes much of the former East Germany) and goes through the Czech Republic (maybe Slovakia too), Poland, Hungary, and Romania. When I first started traveling here, the former Warsaw Pact was largely closed to Western travelers. Now, I'm chomping at the bit to see what I've been missing!
Native Europeans probably know that cottonwood trees cause allergies to some people. On my second trip, they affected me... more travel advice
I hadn't expected to go on another guided group whirlwind tour after the first time. My parents decided to make that... more travel advice
- See All Church of Ste. Devote (Monaco)
- Stay off the toll roads
- See All Salzburg, Austria
b1bob's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 306 Reviews
- 343 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 243 reviews, 479 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 203 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 153 reviews, 241 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quito Intro, 80 reviews, 123 photos
- Mechanicsville Intro, 65 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 83 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 70 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Virgilina Intro, 52 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Williamsburg Intro, 51 reviews, 64 photos
- Europe Intro, 51 reviews, 53 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (151)
Top Europe hotels
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Barcelona Hotels
- 9486 Reviews - 21653 Photos
- Benidorm Hotels
- 440 Reviews - 765 Photos
- Vienna Hotels
- 7358 Reviews - 18228 Photos
- Prague Hotels
- 11819 Reviews - 24788 Photos
- Amsterdam Hotels
- 10124 Reviews - 21103 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8187 Reviews - 21637 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6982 Reviews - 15640 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5098 Reviews - 11237 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 637 Reviews - 1431 Photos
- Albufeira Hotels
- 360 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Dublin Hotels
- 5143 Reviews - 9451 Photos