"Catalina Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon by AdriannaTex
Avalon Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 396 photos
Catalina Island is 22 miles off the coast of Los Angeles. My family and I are from San Diego and we have been visiting Avalon, Catalina every summer for years. This picture is a view from Avalon (the only inhabited city on Catalina Island) out to the water. We had a calf-building vertical climb to our house on the hill, but it was well worth the aches for the spectacular view.
Catalina is a great place for a weekend-getaway. The cost to ferry back and forth is minimal and you can leave from any of several ports in Southern California: Dana Point, San Pedro, & Long Beach. If you only have a weekend free and want to get away, this is a great place to visit.
Bring water socks/shoes or some type of foot protection for when you're in the water. Most of the beaches on Catalina... more travel advice
Every year we take a Flying Fish Tour. It may be boring for some, but it's a family tradition to get out in the boat and... more travel advice
AdriannaTex's Related Pages
Avalon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Avalon~Catalina Island"
- ""26 miles across the sea""
- "Kristara's new Avalon Page"
- "Catalina Island"
- "Avalon on Catalina Island"
- "Gypsy_King's new Avalon Page"
- "Alluring Avalon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avalon
- Hotels in Avalon
- Transportation in Avalon
- Nightlife in Avalon
- Restaurants in Avalon
- Shopping in Avalon
- Warnings and Dangers in Avalon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avalon
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Avalon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avalon
Photos in AvalonSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Avalon Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- College Station Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Cancún Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- San Felipe Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cork Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Palm Springs Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- San Diego Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Paris Intro, 1 photo