"Bulgaria's Treasure Chest" Koprivshtitsa by Joya
Koprivshtitsa Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 276 photos
Not the oldest town in Bulgaria, Koprivshtitsa's documented history is limited to the late 1700's, although the town was probably founded in the 1300's by boylars and other refugees running from the invading Turks. By the end of the 18th century, Koprivshtitsa had grown to a populous and wealthy town with large herds of livestock. Considerable revenue was produced by the associated trade of animals and their products. A prosperous trading center with close ties to Venice, in Plovdiv it was referred to as "little Istanbul".
- Pros:A special atmosphere...
- Cons:Made for tourists...
Joya's Related Pages
Koprivshtitsa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The heart of the National Revival"
- "The most revivel Bularian city"
- "A Jewel in the Mountains"
- "A tipical bulgarian town"
- "Bulgaria's Treasure Chest"
- "Cute little town in the mountains of Bulgaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Koprivshtitsa
- Hotels in Koprivshtitsa
- Transportation in Koprivshtitsa
- Nightlife in Koprivshtitsa
- Restaurants in Koprivshtitsa
- Shopping in Koprivshtitsa
- Warnings and Dangers in Koprivshtitsa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Koprivshtitsa
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Koprivshtitsa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Koprivshtitsa
Top 5 Pages
- Sofia Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Koprivshtitsa Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Uzbekistan Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Almaty Intro, 1 photo
- Bukhara Intro, 1 photo