"The gateway to the 1000 Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Gananoque by janika

Gananoque Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 135 photos

Gananoque Boat Line's home

Gananoque is a gateway to the famous Thousand Islandsand and harbours the Gananoque Boat Lines that take you around the islands. Visitors from around the World receive a unique and friendly welcome from huge gateways at each and every entrance to the town. Gananoque is the nearest town, 16 km ( 10 miles ) west, from the Thousand Islands International Bridge.

Gananoque, pronounced Gan-an-ock-wee is a native, Indian name meaning "A Place of Health." The St Lawrence River connecting the great lakes with the Atlantic Ocean is like a small sea. Clean, beautiful, friendly and easily approachable.

• Pros:Clean, safe, friendly, easy to approach
  • Cons:Can be windy and cold in the winter time
  • In a nutshell:Don't miss it on the way to Kingston
  • Last visit to Gananoque: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 30, 2004

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 3:10 PM

Heh, Kenora has a statue of a big muskie too. You may need to give that engine a push. I'm checking Gananoque pages 'cause Birchy99 is coming to town

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 9:26 AM

1,000 Islands is one of the true undisovered travel gems of North America! Love it!...Mike

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 5:32 PM

I'm getting ready for my trip to Kingston in 3 weeks. I was hoping to stop at Boldt Castle, but it looks like I may be too late. I'll have to investigate further, thanks for the links to the websites!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 7:56 PM

I always know when I view, read, and rate your pages, I'm in for a real treat. You are precise, interesting, informative, and helpful in an intelligent, witty way. Thanks.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2003 at 12:29 PM

What pleasure to see all those sites in that area! Nice pictures as usual!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2003 at 2:58 PM

Funky fire hydrants and exotic totem poles make this a most interesting place to visit. Love to see more of the native art and culture. Thank you.

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 9:03 AM

good page&tips :))

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 9:00 AM

I've never caught a Big Muskie! Actually I've never even caught a small Muskie!! Cool Totem poles! Gananoque looks like a nice area!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2003 at 9:07 PM

I enjoyed the page!! And I love the fire hydrant! I have a similar one on my South Carolina page - just great!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2003 at 10:03 AM

Nice place, I was just wondering how is it in the winter.

janika

“The best is yet to come!”

Badges & Stats in Gananoque

Have you been to Gananoque?

Latest Activity in Gananoque