"The gateway to the 1000 Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Gananoque by janika
Gananoque Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 135 photos
Gananoque is a gateway to the famous Thousand Islandsand and harbours the Gananoque Boat Lines that take you around the islands. Visitors from around the World receive a unique and friendly welcome from huge gateways at each and every entrance to the town. Gananoque is the nearest town, 16 km ( 10 miles ) west, from the Thousand Islands International Bridge.
Gananoque, pronounced Gan-an-ock-wee is a native, Indian name meaning "A Place of Health." The St Lawrence River connecting the great lakes with the Atlantic Ocean is like a small sea. Clean, beautiful, friendly and easily approachable.
- Pros:Clean, safe, friendly, easy to approach
- Cons:Can be windy and cold in the winter time
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it on the way to Kingston
It is very weird that such a small town as Gananoque has no parking. If there is not enough parking in Toronto or... more travel advice
leave your luggage in the closed trunk of your car. Sandals or light running shoes. has to be very comfy. Gravol or... more travel advice
janika's Related Pages
Gananoque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Thousand Reasons to Visit Ganaoque"
- "The gateway to the 1000 Islands"
- "Beautiful thousand islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gananoque
- Hotels in Gananoque
- Transportation in Gananoque
- Restaurants in Gananoque
- Shopping in Gananoque
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gananoque
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gananoque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gananoque
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 53 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morrisburg Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agrigento Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue