"Hull, Quebec" Top 5 Page for this destination Hull by janika

Hull Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 192 photos

Symbols of "Unity" ?

Hello and welcome to my Hull page. Hull is no longer Hull but it is called Gatineau now. Ville du Gatineau. Now includes the former Gatineau, Hull and Aylmer.

As to demonstrate to the on coming traffic from Ottawa how unified they are, these are the flags of all Canadaian provinces. These flags are located right at the Alexandria bridge from Ottawa to Hull.

Hull, The wannabe Ottawans

The first language there is French.
If you come from France you might not understand a word though. They speak with a different dialect, incorporating many English language words and their own developed slang. We call it Texan French (Mélange)
I should of placed this picture on my tourist trap page, but I decided to place it here. This way you see what's the first thing people see or think of when entering Quebec in general.

• Pros:Cheap realestate
  • Cons:Polluted, French only service, Horrible road conditions.
  • In a nutshell:It's a little detour when visiting Ottawa. Will worth your 3 hours.
  • Last visit to Hull: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2003

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Hi! Nice Hull page. I am actually in Hull at the moment and I kinda like the place as at least it does have a "foreigness" about it unlike Ottawa which has an easy familiarity to it even tho' I've never been there before! Cheers, John.

• Aug 23, 2007 at 8:02 AM

Actually. ost of them are very helpful to tourists if they ever need information. By reputation, the Québecois tend to have a more welcoming and open attitude towards strangers who are smiling and asking questions (compared to Ontarians).

• Britannia2's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2007 at 12:54 PM

I work in Hull in the UK and am looking at other Hulls across the world. This looks a slightly worrying sort of place - shame the name changed.

• Dec 28, 2005 at 8:41 AM

"I like meeting interesting people from around the Globe and learn about different cultures and languages." Guest french is not a option?

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2004 at 3:15 PM

You were right there is a few things more than I though to do in Gatineau :-)

• Kentbein's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 9:04 AM

I had a great time when I was there. I love this part of the world!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2004 at 8:17 PM

How interesting if a little frightening. Half way through I was wondering what would happen if you wore a vt shirt there? Seems I would have to get a guide who speaks the lingo eh? Great page John, thank you.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 12:52 PM

Lots of valuable information for the traveler. Sad about so much unemployment. You write well and make it easy for the reader to understand and appreciate. Thanks.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2003 at 9:15 AM

I think the old houses are interesting too! Nice presentation! Sad economic times in the area! I better learn some French if I want to visit!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2003 at 8:54 PM

are you volunteering to be official VT guide ? ;-)))

janika

“The best is yet to come!”

Badges & Stats in Hull