"Kingston and the 1000 Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston by janika

Kingston Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 393 photos

The Irish city besides the 1850 islands.

That's right. Thousand Islands have over 1800 smaller and bigger islands, not including the artificial islands. The boat ride we went on was leaving from Gananoque. See my Gananaoque page for town pictures and info.

Please do NOT forget to check my travelogues where I posted many images from the 1000 Islands. It is very important that you check the travelouges for the Island photos. This page might seem quiet large for some of you, but it is not really that big. Considering most of it are images and less text. As we say here: " A picture speaks for a thousand words"

Kingston is a medium size city right on the St Lawrence river shore. Boating and sailing is a tradition in Kingston. You see many marinas and ports with docks and boats. Old and new. Kingston is also home for Canada's biggest prison and largest military academy. Kingston is the former capital city of Canada. The population is mostly Irish origin and the first language is English.

I have included my 1000 Island pages here, since most folks are looking for the Islands info under Kingston. Enjoy!

• Pros:Clean, friendly, Safe, Interesting.
  • Cons:No parking.
  • In a nutshell:Kingston has so much to offer, It's a must!
  • Last visit to Kingston: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2003

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Hi, John! Wonderful pictures and stories as usual, friend!

• Apr 5, 2007 at 8:47 AM

I think the URL you listed on your review was wrong. Their website address is http://www.1000islandscruises.ca

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2004 at 9:10 AM

Windsorgirl first introduced us to Kingston. Now you have shown us even more. We've gotta get up there someday.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2004 at 10:22 AM

Terrific job, John. What a grand place! Pump House Museum looks interesting as does the Boldt Castle. The restaurant and Hotel tips were outstanding. Loved the travelogues...what wonderful photographs.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 9:43 AM

I plan to visit my niece at Queens this sept so your tips here were very helpful. I am definitely going to do the boat cruise and then sleep aboard the Alexander Henry. Thanks for a page well done!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2004 at 12:46 AM

I wish I had the extra $$$ I hire the ship for the weekend and we could sail around!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2003 at 9:42 AM

Very informative page. You've done a fine job of presenting your material, and I learned about a place unfamiliar to me with this visit. :)

• Jul 21, 2003 at 9:58 AM

Hehe, What a hotel tip! I never slept on a ship. Nice page with great and sharp images. Looks like Kingston became a large city now.

• Jul 19, 2003 at 9:30 AM

Pretty! The storey of the castle owner is very touching..didn't you knew what happened to him? Feel sorry though..Nice to know that Kingston was once a capital city of Canada.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2003 at 7:18 AM

Aw, what a sad story about the castle!!

janika

“The best is yet to come!”

Badges & Stats in Kingston

Have you been to Kingston?

Latest Activity in Kingston