"Morrisburg and the Upper Canada Village" Morrisburg by janika
Morrisburg Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 62 photos
Welcome to Morrisburg / Upper Canada Village. This page will show you the life, trades, buildings, people and animals of the traditional 18-th century, Canadian village.
Many of the buildings now in Upper Canada Village were moved to the site before the village opened to the public in 1961. Since then, however, the Village has continued to grow and change like any living community, in order to expand and improve its representation of life in Upper Canada.
This is a fully functional village with real people and animals living in it. It is located about 10 kilometers east from the town of Morrisburg it self. Please view the many, many pictures I uploaded to the travelogues. Every picture speaks for a thousand words so make sure you take the time and enlarge each and every one of them for a much better view. If you are planning to visit the village, prepare yourself. You'll need the entire day and ensure that you have plenty of food and drinks with you. The village is quiet large and you have to walk through it on foot. You always have the option to hop on the horse carriage wagon but than you must get off it when you want to see something and the carriage will not wait for you.
Parking in front of the village is free and there is no entry into the park with your own car. Enjoy!
- Pros:Interesting, educational, fascinating
- In a nutshell:Fun day activity for the kids and you
Grab the nipples, Squeeze the nipples and do it all over. yes, there is a certain way you have to squeeze the nipples of... more travel advice
Bellamy's Steam Flour Mills is located near the entrance, right behind the woolen factory. It is a fully functional mill... more travel advice
- See All Things to see as you walk around
- Bedrooms and other rooms
- Expect the weather to change without...
- Displayed goods
- Horse carriage, wagon ride
janika's Related Pages
Morrisburg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Morrisburg
- Hotels in Morrisburg
- Transportation in Morrisburg
- Restaurants in Morrisburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Morrisburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Morrisburg
- 21 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Morrisburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morrisburg
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 53 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morrisburg Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agrigento Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue