Ottawa Nightlife Tips by janika
Ottawa Nightlife: 80 reviews and 55 photos
Ben Franklin Place & the Centerpointe Theatre
This place is located at the west end of Ottawa. Call it Nepean if you will. The building is photographed from the front but there are several entrances to it. What is not visible on the shot is the Theatre. This is where the Centerpoint Theatre is located. The complex is also host to the Nepean Public Library and City Hall for Ottawa.
I’ve placed this tip under Nightlife since the most important part of this place is the Centerpointe Theatre. You can check their Web site for schedules and programs. Very easy to approach and the parking is free. When you come out, there is a restaurant right infront of it. In case you happen to be hungry or thirsty. When you come here in the winter time, you don’t see the water fountain, but the place is converted into a skating ring. Have fun there!
Dress Code: Formal or semi-formal for the library or City hall.
Address: 101 Centrepointe Drive
Directions: 101 Centrepointe Drive. Ottawa (Nepean) K2G 5K7. Very close to Algonquin College. behind the OC Transpo's Woodroffe Bus Station. Can be approached from Woodroffe Ave or from Baseline Rd By car. You can also walk here from the Bus terminal...
Other Contact: Toll-free: 1 866 752-5231
Phone: 613 580-2700
A room built of ice and lit purple
Visiting the Crystal Garden at night is a must when coming to Ottawa in February. During the Winterlude activities. All these beautiful ice carvings are displayed at Confederation park and lit-up by colored lights that make the sculptures and carvings come alive. This is a very unique experience. The winterlude goes February 2 to 18.
Dress Code: Dress warm and cover your hands with gloves. Wear boots and a warm winter coat/jacket. Make sure you have a good charge on your camera's battery as the cold drains the battries quick.
Address: Confederation Park
Directions: Elgin Street Slater
Theme: People Watching
AMC from the side
Very popular among Canadians to going to a movie theatre to watch a good movie. There are several companies an Ottawa that run movie theatres. Out of those the three best ones are AMC, Silver City and the Colosseum. My favorite is the AMC Theatres in Kanata. This is at the west side/end of Ottawa.
Very easy to approach and parking is free. Once inside, you can see drink stalls small restaurants, popcorn vendors, candy stores, etc. Large & clean place with very friendly and helpful staff. To save money on tickets, go on Tuesday. We usually pay about $8- / ticket on a Tuesday when we go. AMC just like most larger theatres play several movies at once in different, smaller theatres inside.
Dress Code: No dress code, unless you are not dressed at all. Check out the web site for more information on Stadium seating, Surround sound and other conveniences in this great movie theatre. The picture I provided is not very exciting but at least it shows you what you have to look for when cruising around and looking for this place. It's a lot nicer at the inside! :)
Basic ticket Prices:
Child $8.00 (Ages 2-12)
Student $10.00 (Ages 13+ with Valid Student ID)
Senior $10.00 (Age 55+)
Address: 801 Kanata Ave. Unit A1
Directions: Take Terry Fox exit when going west on the 417 highway.
Other Contact: Matinee Pricing until 6:00 PM
At night downtown is the place to visit. Restaurants and party places are open until 3:00 AM. Try Elgin street and around the Rideau Centre which is a big downtown shopping centre. If you find yourself on the street in the middle of the night, like around 5:00 AM, don't panic. Gas stations and convenient stores are open twentyfour hours and seven days a week. Many pubs in downtown have live music. Mostly amateur bands.
Dress Code: If you like to see naked ladies, there are places in Ottawa to see them. Places like the Silver Dollar at the west end or The Den at the east end. Please remember, NO TOUCHING!
Directions: Downtown, Ottawa
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (49)
- See All Daily flights to and from Frankfurt,...
- See All Ottawa Air Show
- See All Ottawa Dragonboat Race
- See All Police presence in downtown Ottawa
- See All Lebanese Fun Fest
- See All Quality + Price = Aldo
janika's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 53 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 63 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
- updated a Ottawa Travel Page "The capital city of Canada"
- Uploaded a Video to Ottawa
- Wrote a Review Daily flights to and from Frankfurt, Germany! about Travel by Air in Ottawa Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Daily flights to and from Frankfurt, Germany!"
- Posted in Travel Palermo Forum "Re: Another VT user from..."
- Commented on one of luke82's Ottawa travel pages
Photos in OttawaSee All Photos (113)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 53 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morrisburg Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agrigento Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Parliament Hill- 110 Reviews, 280 Photos
- Canadian Tulip Festival- 13 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Parliament Hill - Changing of the Guard- 18 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Byward Market- 35 Reviews, 86 Photos
- National Art Gallery of Canada- 34 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Ottawa and area Museums- 65 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Views of Ottawa- 16 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Rideau Canal- 27 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Rideau Hall- 14 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Ottawa and area Parks- 16 Reviews, 54 Photos
See All Ottawa Things to Do