"The capital city of Canada" Ottawa by janika
Ottawa Travel Guide: 1,831 reviews and 4,556 photos
Hello and welcome to Ottawa!
This is the capital city of Canada. It is also my home town. We have lived here for over ten years and I love it very much. You can do so many things around here, it's unreal. Especially in the winter time. We have the world's longest skating place called the Rideau Canal. It's over six miles long in the winter time. Ottawa hosts the Winterlude festivities every February. There is a huge international ice sculpture tournament during Winterlude. Bands are playing all dressed up and they serve hot tea and Beavertail which is a traditional Canadian sweet. See the Tulip Festival in the spring. Summer time you can go fishing, hiking, or just play volley ball or watch the Dragon boat tournament at the Moonies Bay beach. There is a walleyball tournament there every summer in July.
I can also proudly say that Ottawa is one of the safest cities in Canada.
If you are still reading, I thank you for your patients and would like to
ask you to check back in a few weeks. Why?! Because this is the page which keeps growing all the time. I am sure there is something new here upon your return. I will keep updating this page as the time goes by and I can bring in more pictures.
Ottawa is a large, metropolitan city! Many people think that Ottawa is small but let me tell you it is not. Over one million people live around here and it's growing every day. Ottawa also includes Nepean, Kanata, Stitswille, Orleans, Vanier, Navan, and many other districts and neighborhoods. Did you know that Ottawa is not the original capital of Canada? It was Kingston first, than Ottawa now. It's also one of the coldest capital cities in the World, however this shouldn't scare you away!
Please don't forget to watch the video of Ottawa, Just click on the video tab on top.
- Pros:Very safe, Tons of fun, Clean, Sports travel destination.
- Cons:Too cold in winter time. Humid in the summer.
- In a nutshell:Canada day is at July first and Winterlude starts at February-15. Don't miss the parties!
Air Canada launched a new daily flight to and from Frankfurt, Germany. This way we don't have to travel to Toronto or... more travel advice
The Ottawa Ferrari Fest is another must see event in the Capital and the best part of this is FREE. Once a year, Usually... more travel advice
- See All Police presence in downtown Ottawa
- See All Winterlude Ice carvings
- See All Lebanese Fun Fest
- See All Quality + Price = Aldo
- See All Best of the best
janika's Related Pages
Ottawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA - OTTAWA"
- "My Home town.....a work in progress : o ]"
- "O t t a w a"
- "Definitely A Tale Of Two Cities!!"
- "Ottawa, Ontario! The Canadian Capital!"
- "The capital city of Canada"
- "Birthdays, Elections , Harvesting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ottawa
- Hotels in Ottawa
- Transportation in Ottawa
- Nightlife in Ottawa
- Restaurants in Ottawa
- Shopping in Ottawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Ottawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ottawa
- 53 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 63 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Ottawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ottawa
- updated a Ottawa Travelogue "Parliament Hill"
- Uploaded a Video to Ottawa
- Wrote a Review Daily flights to and from Frankfurt, Germany! about Travel by Air in Ottawa Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Daily flights to and from Frankfurt, Germany!"
- Posted in Travel Palermo Forum "Re: Another VT user from..."
- Commented on one of luke82's Ottawa travel pages
Photos in OttawaSee All Photos (113)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 53 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morrisburg Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agrigento Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue