"Smiths Falls" Smiths Falls by janika

Smiths Falls Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 108 photos

The chocolate town

Welcome to Smiths Falls. This is a small but very interesting town in Ontario, Canada. It is located half way between Ottawa and Kingston where road #15 and the Rideau Canal crosses each other.

There are some fascinating and very interesting places to see in Smiths Falls. Besides the many beautiful flowers and water ways, You can find a huge Chocolate factory here. It is the Hershey Chocolate Factory with the famous and yummy smelling Chocolate Shoppe. There is also the Railway Museum with it's old engines, wagons and dental car. They have the Rideau Canal Museum and the Heritage House Museum which we didn't visit.

Please take a look at the rest of the pages and travelogues for many Railway Museum images. Thank you for the visit and enjoy your stay.

• Pros:Clean, Quiet, Friendly, Easy to find, Affordable
  • Cons:Locals drive through red light.
  • In a nutshell:Visit Smiths Falls when travelling around here.
  • Last visit to Smiths Falls: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 28, 2003

• Dec 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM

The only real draw is the Rideau canal, but there are far better places nearby to view the locks. Hershey's Chocolate has left the town. There is a high crime rate, and very few jobs. This town has no redeeming features! This review is from a resident.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Very attracting destination, so much to see and to do...Greetings from Ukraine!

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 12:10 PM

good shots of rail museum i was with cnr in niagara cda for 7 years

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 8:21 PM

I'm addicted to chocolate and love railroads, so I'm sure I would have a wonderful time in Smiths Falls. Another on the list of places we must see.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2004 at 12:13 PM

I like the railway museum but I will skip the chocolate.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2004 at 6:44 PM

I never knew about the Railway Museum up there. Great page.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 9:06 PM

John, this is such a wonderful group of pages about Smiths Falls. You have many details, lots of helpful tips, terrific photographs, and, best of all, lots of enthusiasm. Hurrah!

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2003 at 5:00 PM

I was born (1922) and raised in Smith falls until I was 13 and came back in summer to our cottage on Otter lake until 1940.. Dad worked on the CPR out of there to Montreal. I also have a page on Smiths falls. Last visited there 10 years ago.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2003 at 4:11 PM

I love chocolate!! Smiths Falls looks like a fun area!!

• Kentbein's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 4:43 AM

The plane you have on the Off the Beaten track looks like a T6 from the WWII days. I love the sound those things make. What a beautiful rumble. Great page. Thanks for telling me about it. This brings back NICE memories of my time up there.

janika

“The best is yet to come!”

Badges & Stats in Smiths Falls

Have you been to Smiths Falls?

Latest Activity in Smiths Falls