"Mars on Earth" Boulder City by janika
Boulder City Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 382 photos
The Hoover dam near Boulder City, Nevada. The Dam separates Arizona and Nevada. The two states are in two different time zone.
As you drive, it's one oclock and a minute later is two. The Hoover Dam is huge but it is not the bigest dam in North America. If you go in the summer, make sure you have airconditioning in your car and plenty of gas. There are no trees or bush, Just rocks everywhere. It was about 118 degrees there last Wednesday. You can park on both sides of the dam for $5-, For $15- you can go for a tour which includes a movie and a deep elevator ride to the bottom of the complex where the turbines are. Expect long lineups upon entering the dam zone. Security is tight since 9/11 and visitors no longer allowed near the turbines. You can also view the dam from the air. helicopter ride costs around $50- US for a flight above and around the dam and the lake behind the mountains.
- Pros:A lot to see
- Cons:No shade, Extreme heat in Summer time.
- In a nutshell:Most tourists and outsiders come here to see the Hoover Dam, however there is more to Boulder city than the dam.
Very hot. Given the fact that it can get up to and above 120 degrees in Boulder city and around the Hoover dam, you have... more travel advice
The upper part of the dam has two huge intake tower that swallows the water down to the turbines. If you drive there,... more travel advice
janika's Related Pages
Boulder City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Boulder City ~ Have Dam Good Time:)"
- "Hoover Dam"
- "See Hoover Dam!"
- "Rolling through Boulder"
- "Boulder City - Hoover Dam"
- "A VT Honeymoon! Berni and Carl at Hoover DAM!"
- "Mars on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boulder City
- Hotels in Boulder City
- Transportation in Boulder City
- Nightlife in Boulder City
- Restaurants in Boulder City
- Warnings and Dangers in Boulder City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boulder City
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Boulder City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boulder City
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 53 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morrisburg Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agrigento Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue