"A true, historic, European city!" Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs by janika
Pecs Travel Guide: 358 reviews and 922 photos
Everything you ever wanted to experience in a European city, Pecs got it all!
The museums, Hundreds of years of history, great food and wine, affordable accomodations, good transportation. Friendly locals, Safe streets with tons to see. You should not miss Pecs when visiting Hungary! It's a three hour train ride from Budapest. Trains leave almost every hour from the east (keleti) and southern (deli) stations.
- Pros:Tons to see, Safe, Good transportation, Affordable
- Cons:Too many foreign businesses open up, ruining it's historical feel
- In a nutshell:Visiting Pecs is a must when in Hungary. You won't regret it.
This Turkish built Dzsami is probably one of the best preserved buildings from the the time when the Ottomans were... more travel advice
Vasvary House or Zsolnay mausoleum is a very interesting place, even if you never set foot inside. The beauty of the... more travel advice
- Largest shopping center in Pecs
- Use public transportation if you can!
- See All Go to the theatre!
- See All Turkish buildings
janika's Related Pages
Pecs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "city at foot of Mecsek hill and Baranya capital"
- "Pecs - Hungary's multicultural and borderless city"
- "A true, historic, European city!"
- " Pécs, my beautiful home town "
- "The Turkish South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pecs
- Hotels in Pecs
- Transportation in Pecs
- Nightlife in Pecs
- Restaurants in Pecs
- Shopping in Pecs
- Warnings and Dangers in Pecs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pecs
- 19 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Pecs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pecs
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 53 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morrisburg Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agrigento Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue