"Small city near the sea" Latina by janika
Latina Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Latina, where it all began for many people escaping from a brutal East European, dictator communist regimes.
Ok, what's there?
CAMPO PROFUGI STRANIERI. What does this mean? A refugee camp for aliens. After Capua, I think Latina was the second biggest refugee camp for people fleeing from their land and hoping for a better life somewhere else.
Latina is situated about one hundred kilometers south from Rome and about five kilometers east from the sea coast. It is part of Lazio state and it has one of Italy's biggest nuclear plant. We lived about two years in Latina and I have never visited it since. I have many bad memories from this place, I don't wish to publicize. Thank you for looking. Grazie.
- Pros:Sunny, affordable, easy commuting, Close to Rome.
- Cons:Violent storms at times.
- In a nutshell:Worth a day of your time.
janika's Related Pages
Latina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small city near the sea"
- "A Hidden Past"
- "LATINA: i giardini di Ninfa"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Latina
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Latina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Latina
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 53 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morrisburg Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hull Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pecs Intro, 19 reviews, 43 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Smiths Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Agrigento Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue