"Congo needs your help!" Republic of Congo by jenna24

Republic of Congo Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 114 photos

<b>This wasn't a pleasure trip. I went a few months ago with the people of Americares to help the people of this beautiful place. I acted as a volunteer photographer and it was one of the best assignments I have ever had.

Please view the Americares home page and see what you can do to help! <a href="http://www.americares.org/Home.asp">www.americares.org</a>

Or call 1-800-486-help

• Intro Written Sep 6, 2002

• boltonian's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Some of the most mind stiring pictures I have ever seen. You have a real talent.

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 4:14 PM

Shocking but much needed , good work on creating awareness. I applaud you. jz

• joks's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2005 at 7:36 AM

Thank you for sharing this most humbling experience with us. I am touched by your narrative and photos.....unfortunately, the poor will always get poorer.

• Madasabull's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2005 at 1:17 PM

I am planning a trip to Congo in 06, and had competely overlooked the poverty, i feel bad now, but will make sure not to forget the people and the way they live, thank you.

• Sep 18, 2004 at 3:25 AM

Fascinating pages, must have been a incredible experience for you

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2004 at 4:12 AM

we try so often to escape through our consumer materialistic world -but your congo experience reminds us of our oft forgotten duties ;-(((

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2003 at 4:55 PM

This is one of the forgotten countries of the world. Thank you for this peek into it and for your thoughts!

• safardreams's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 2:17 PM

Hi Jenna my old cook in KENYA was happy he cried. I left him a $2. flashlite. Kids dressed in rags, happy to see our LANDRIVER all waves.Shame the civil wars bushmeat trade drought poaching. You take care of the kids. I take care of the wiildlife! David

• epicult's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2003 at 4:51 PM

Thanks Jenna... Excellent. 5-Stars all the way.

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 8:46 PM

it should be a nice feeling to see travel pages but why i feel so sad when viewing ur pages

jenna24

“Live long, live hard, and stay true!”

Badges & Stats in Republic of Congo

Have you been to Republic of Congo?

Latest Activity in Republic of Congo