"Polynesian Culture Center" Laie by Kodi01
Laie Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 35 photos
<font color=green><font size=3>This is definitely my most favorite memory of Hawaii on this trip.
7 Pacific cultures came to Hawaii and they come alive on this 42 acre center.
1) Islands of Samoa
2) Islands of New Zeeland
3) Islands of Figi
4) Islands of Hwai'i
5) Islands of Marquesas
6) Islands of Tahiti
7) Islands of Tonga
<font color=red>The dancers reinact war dances, ancient wedding ceremonies, climb four-story trees with bare feet, rub sticks, tattoes, basket weaving and more.
<font color=black>This was my 4th trip to the Hawaiin islands, but I never saw the cultures and who first came to the islands many years ago. It was fascinating, I highly recommend it on your first visit.
- Pros:Spectacular night show with a cast of 100
- Cons:8 hours is not enough time to see it all!
- In a nutshell:A GREAT mixing of cultures and learning experience
The Samoa people were my favorite people, i know this does not make sense, but my dogs are Samoyeds. :o) This first... more travel advice
Kodi01's Related Pages
Laie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Polynesian Culture Center"
- "Laie, Hawaii - Home of the Polynesian Cultural Ctr"
- "Polynesian cultural centre."
- "La'ie - Live Aloha!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laie
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Laie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laie
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 79 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 78 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 80 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 56 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 58 reviews, 58 photos
- Tychy Intro, 53 reviews, 52 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 47 reviews, 42 photos
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 23 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues