"Milan Italy" Milan by Kodi01

Milan Travel Guide: 2,840 reviews and 7,134 photos

<font size=3><font color=blue>This was the first stop in Italy. I got to see very little of Milan, mostly the train station. This is one of the fashion capitols of the world.

Along with the Mona Lisa at the Paris Louvre, The Last Supper is Leonardo's most famous work. It is one of the paintings most often taken as a symbol of Western Art. It depicts the instant in which Jesus announces to the apostles that he knows one of them will betray him. Thanks to the sense of perspective the painting conveyed, the monks eating in the refectory almost had the impression they were part of the scene.

• Pros:My first step in Italy!!!
  • Last visit to Milan: Oct 2001
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2003

• triggsy's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2006 at 2:56 AM

I don't see why smaller cars are a problem. They are more fuel efficient and kinder to the environment. Typical American comment.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2003 at 7:25 AM

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll pay a visit when on Lake Maggiore.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2003 at 6:21 AM

nice photos..... sometimes small cars are a great advantage in Europe - thats way we have a Smart car! BTW happy birthday

• alloa's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2003 at 9:42 AM

these pages are nice......very useful for the traveller who is planning to go there..like me..... thanks kudy...

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2003 at 3:41 PM

We both need to return to this fashionable city! I didn't get to see the "Last Supper" this last trip but I did take photos of some "artwork.": They were all about 6'2-6'4....various shades of eyes and hair. Yep, well-built works of art if you ask me!

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2003 at 4:13 AM

i hope to see milan! this year or the next! haha u speechless...

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2003 at 11:24 AM

I would love to see Milan!!! Hahaha, yes, those European cars are tiny compared to North America :-) But the roads are much smaller as well!

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 9:50 AM

Great first impressions Kathy! Now you can ask Matt if he agrees about the size of cars! lol

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2003 at 6:18 AM

well done, to bad you haven't seen Via della Spiga or Montenapoleoni streets

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2003 at 8:00 AM

as you say you didn't see much, you have to come back and not only to see milan ;-)... :-)))

Kodi01

“It's my life, it's now or never...Jon Bon Jovi”

Badges & Stats in Milan