"Chitose Portrait" Chitose by shiran_d
Chitose Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
The Ainu called Chitose "Shikotsu," which means a large hollow or valley. As there were many cranes in the area in those days, its name was changed in 1805 to "Chitose" ("1,000 years"), from a proverb which said, "a crane lives 1,000 years."
Typhoons and the rainy season seldom affect Chitose, and snowfall is less than in other areas of Hokkaido. The temperature reaches 30 ?Ž in summer and the annual mean temperature is 6 to 8 ?Ž, meaning the climate is comfortable for people's lifestyles.
- Pros:Had a great 'onsen' session Japanese Spa
- Cons:It was very cold but nice
- In a nutshell:What place to be during the months of December
shiran_d's Related Pages
Chitose Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chitose Portrait"
- "My Hokkaido Trip"
- "New chitose city and airport..."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chitose
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Chitose?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chitose
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Longyearbyen Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos
- Riga Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Kangerlussuaq Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Barentsburg Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Seoul Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos