"New Zealand isolation, once a bane, is now a boon." New Zealand by shiran_d
New Zealand Travel Guide: 14,447 reviews and 36,446 photos
Imagine a unique land of breathtaking scenery: craggy coastlines, sweeping golden beaches, verdant forests, snow-capped alpine mountains, gurgling volcanic pools, flashing fish-filled rivers and glacier-fed lakes, all beneath a brilliant blue sky. New Zealand is accessible, spread over three relatively small islands with modern and efficient transport, quiet roads, plenty of flights and two stunningly scenic rail journeys.
Other pluses are friendly, English-speaking people, virtually no crime, and a trio of rich cultural influences – adventurous Polynesian navigators (Maori), pioneering European settlers who followed a thousand years later, and modern Pacific Rim immigrants.
The plant and animal life are unmatched, giving opportunities for close-up experiences with birdlife (including kiwis), seals, dolphins and whales.
Enjoy the chance to explore two of the richest New-World wine regions on the planet, taste wonderful cuisine, stroll on moody beaches, tramp through the national parks or over alpine passes.
Try bungee jumping, caving or whitewater rafting: you can ski or snowboard on eerily quiet world-class slopes, scuba dive in unique colour-filled marine reserves, sail on exciting waters.
If that is not your bag, immerse yourself in culture in the museums and galleries of New Zealand’s main cities – Auckland, Christchurch and the capital Wellington.
- Pros:Great place to be and feel the Natural world
- Cons:After all the hours of travelling such sad to leave the place
- In a nutshell:There are things that will draw any one to NZ words can't describe the Cuntry the beauti and the placesplace.
shiran_d's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 16 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: Hi DEAt VTers Found the..."
- Commented on one of WorldXplorer's New Zealand travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "New Zealand isolation, once a bane, is now a boon."
- created a New Zealand Travel Page "New Zealand isolation, once a bane, is now a boon."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Longyearbyen Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos
- Riga Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Kangerlussuaq Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Barentsburg Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top New Zealand hotels
- Auckland Hotels
- 1035 Reviews - 2290 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 590 Reviews - 1255 Photos
- Queenstown Hotels
- 630 Reviews - 1671 Photos
- Rotorua Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 1224 Photos
- Mangere Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Christchurch Hotels
- 1239 Reviews - 2600 Photos
- Palmerston North Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 92 Photos
- New Plymouth Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Tauranga Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Napier Hotels
- 198 Reviews - 522 Photos
- Waiheke Island Hotels
- 59 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Dunedin Hotels
- 338 Reviews - 786 Photos
- Hamilton Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 237 Photos
- Hanmer Springs Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 104 Photos
- Taupo (town) Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 47 Photos