"Russian Barentsburg" Barentsburg by shiran_d
Barentsburg Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 52 photos
Barentsburg is the main Russian community on Spitsbergen. It is now open to tourists, and this is where our snowmibile trip across the mountains from Longearbyen took us.
Barentsburg, a coal-mining village in Norway's Svalbard archipelago, is under Kremlin administration.
Barentsburg was then a Dutch coal-mining settlement.
The Soviet Union bought the town and mines in 1932 and Russians have been there ever since.
The locals said compared to their impoverished homeland, locals call this ''The Land of Miracles.''
And this was the moment we left and head back to Longyearbyen on our Snow Scooters.
shiran_d's Related Pages
Barentsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Russian Barentsburg"
- "Barentsburg - the last Soviet frontier"
- "black snow..."
- "Barentsburg , the pearl of Svalbard"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barentsburg
- Transportation in Barentsburg
- Restaurants in Barentsburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Northfield Falls Hotels
- Province of Negros Oriental
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Uzice Hotels
- Huntington Beach
- Cavite City
- Pavia Hotels
- Bear Flat Hotels
- Puerto Pirámides
- Fort Macon State Park Hotels
- Departamento de Chalatenango
- Millsboro Hotels
- Quezon City
Badges & Stats in Barentsburg
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Barentsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barentsburg
Photos in BarentsburgSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Longyearbyen Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos
- Riga Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Kangerlussuaq Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Barentsburg Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos