"Sculpture Park in Oslo" Oslo by shiran_d
Oslo Travel Guide: 2,975 reviews and 7,217 photos
Norway is bordered to the north by the Arctic Ocean, to the east by Russia, Finland and Sweden, to the south by the Skagerrak (which separates it from Denmark) and to the west by the North Sea.
The coastline is 2735km (1700 miles) long, its most outstanding feature being the fjords. Most of them are between 80 and 160km long (50-100 miles), and are often very deep and surrounded by towering mountains.
Much of northern Norway lies beyond the Arctic Circle and the landscape is stark. In the south the landscape consists of forests with many lakes and rivers.
One not to be missed if you are in OLSO.
One of the artistic highlights of Norway is the Sculpture Park in Oslo. The park contains 192 sculptures with more than 600 figures, all modeled in full size by Gustav Vigeland without the assistance of pupils or other artists. Vigeland also designed the architectural setting and the layout of the grounds.
The Royal Palace (no:Slottet) in Oslo was built in the first half of the 18th century as the Norwegian residence of Swedish-Norwegian king Charles III (Charles XIV of Sweden) and is used as the official residence of the present Norwegian Monarch.
- Cons:Vey expensive to holiday
- In a nutshell:Very clean and safe
The Norwegian Folk Museum is a collection of traditional and 19th century architecture. King Oscar II started the... more travel advice
shiran_d's Related Pages
Oslo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OSLO - NORWAY´S CAPITAL CITY."
- "Hilde's tourist/expat guide"
- "The fantastic capital of Norway"
- "My Own Private Oslo"
- "Winter Weekend in Oslo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oslo
- Hotels in Oslo
- Transportation in Oslo
- Nightlife in Oslo
- Restaurants in Oslo
- Shopping in Oslo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oslo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oslo
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oslo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Longyearbyen Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos
- Riga Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Kangerlussuaq Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Athens Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Barentsburg Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos