"Abel Tasman" Top 5 Page for this destination Abel Tasman National Park by Lozza_9

Abel Tasman National Park Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 220 photos

Beach

We only came here to take part in the Sea Kayaking. I had never done anything like this before so I was looking forward to it and very nervous. My boyfriend had done it when he was younger.
<p>The views are amazing. You must take a water-proof camera to take snaps while you are Sea Kayaking. Here is a picture of one of the many beaches you come across while Sea Kayaking.

Sea Kayaking

There are loads of companys who do Sea Kayaking in the area. We took a drive to the area and visited every one to see what they offered. We decided to go with a company called Abel Tasman Kayaks. We decided to do a 1 day Mad Mile Tour.

1 Day Mad Mile Tour

The Mad Mile is a rocky Headland between the sheltered waters of the Astrlabe Roadstead and the protected bays of the Anchorage. The tour invoves lunch cooked by your guide on one of the many lovle y beaches. This picture is the beach that we stayed at. While the guide cooked the food we took a nice walk. The food was lovey. The tour involves kayaking one-way from Marahau to The Anchorage and return by water taxi.

• Pros:Great views
  • Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:You must take part in the Sea Kayaking
  • Last visit to Abel Tasman National Park: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 4, 2003

Travelogues (1)

Lozza_9

“I'm finally going to OZ”

Badges & Stats in Abel Tasman National Park

Have you been to Abel Tasman National Park?

Latest Activity in Abel Tasman National Park