"Kaikoura" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaikoura by Lozza_9
Kaikoura Travel Guide: 210 reviews and 699 photos
If you like wildlife, this is the place to come. Whales, dolphines and seals are amazing to watch.
We stayed in Kaikoura for 3 days because we wanted to see the whales and go swimming with the dolphins. We where advised to stay longer in Kaikoura because sometime the weather is bad and trips are cancelled.
Well they were right, we arrived, tried to book a session to swim with the dolphins but the weather was bad and all trips where cancelled.
We where put on a short list in case anyone had cancelled, we was one of the lucy ones but we could only get the 5.30am start.
I would recommend the 5.30am because the weather is normally ok in the morning and the the morning trip doesn't get cancelled normally but the afternoon trips do.
After our trip, we checked the other trips for that day and they were all cancelled.
As you can see from this picture, the sea changes colour, the dark bit is where the see gets deep. This is where the whales are!!
- Pros:Great place for Wildlife
- Cons:If you don't want to see the Wildlife, not much to do.
- In a nutshell:Animals everywhere!!!
You might go Whale Watching. You can either go buy boat or by helicopter. I went by Boat. When you go on the tours you... more travel advice
You must swim with the dophins or seals when you come here. I had to get up at 5am for this but i woudln't have missed... more travel advice
Lozza_9's Related Pages
Kaikoura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Whale of a Time?"
- "More than Whales"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaikoura
- Hotels in Kaikoura
- Transportation in Kaikoura
- Restaurants in Kaikoura
- Shopping in Kaikoura
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaikoura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaikoura
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kaikoura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaikoura
Photos in KaikouraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brighton Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rotorua Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moeraki Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Auckland Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Waitomo Caves Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pisa Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Isle of Wight Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue