"Banff" Top 5 Page for this destination Banff by doreenellen
Banff Travel Guide: 502 reviews and 1,128 photos
Banff we read is a little peace of heaven with Rundle and Cascade mountains as a backdrop, we agree entirely. It was my favourite place of our trip.
We stayed at the Ptarmigan Inn which was in the main street and very central. The hotel was very comfortable, with a restaurant and bar. There was also internet service in reception.
We had many excursions arranged for the area of Banff and enjoyed them all. We rode up the Sulpher Mountain on the Brewsters Condola which was amazing. An 8 minute ride to the top - 7,486 feet. where you could see a grand view of the Bow Valley below. The Bow Falls, and Lake Minnewanka. We walked along the walkways and around the top on the virgin snow and took lots of photos of the mountains and town of Banff way below It is just a short taxi away from Banff..
During our stay in Banff, we toured all around the National Park which was the first national park in Canada and saw lots of wild life, like Elk, Big horn sheep, wolves, etc.
The deep canyons like Johnston Canyon were really amazing, especially in the snow. Bow River which runs through Banff is the longest river in th Banff National Park.
We saw Banff Springs Hotel which can take 1,700 people, and had a tour of Lake Louise Chateau by Lake Louise. Next day even had lunch at Lake Louise Lodge by the Ski Jump. Also saw places like Johnston Canyon and much much more%
Rundle Memorial United Church 104 Banff Avenue looks lovely against the mountain backdrop.
Lake Louise was a sight to see and much better than the photographs we had seen. It was lovely to see it in the snow but would love to return in the summer too to get a boat ride on the lake. It made a lovely picture
- Pros:Wonderful scenery and lakes
- In a nutshell:Heavenly place where you must visit both in Winter and Summer
Banff Springs Hotel Very Grand Place and very expensive to stay Government officials, Premiers from all countries have... more travel advice
Very comfortable hotel in the main street so central to all the shops etc. Had a restaurant and bar Internet Access in... more travel advice
doreenellen's Related Pages
Banff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banff & Rocky Mountains On My Top 5 Destinations"
- "Banff the first Town on our Canadian Rockies trip"
- "Beautiful Banff"
- "Beautiful Banff"
- "BEAUTIFUL BANFF, ALBERTA"
- "BANFF and the BANFF NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banff
- Hotels in Banff
- Transportation in Banff
- Nightlife in Banff
- Restaurants in Banff
- Shopping in Banff
- Warnings and Dangers in Banff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banff
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Banff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banff
Photos in BanffSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Icmeler Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Canada Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Mersea Island Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mijas Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos