"My Las Vegas Page" Las Vegas by doreenellen
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,567 reviews and 17,725 photos
What an experience Las Vegas is. Amazing Hotels on the 5 mile strip, set against wonderful backdrop of desert landscapes.Circus Circus Hotel was so big we had to catch the shuttle to get to our room, Circus acts every hour and amusement park including a roller coaster within the hotel. Buffets meals there and everywhere were very good value. The strip was unreal, so many hotels. You could spend a day in each one. My favorite Hotels were New York, Venetion and Treasure Island, not forgetting MGM . A week was not enough. Other hotels worth a visit - Mirage, Flamingo Hilton, Luxor and , Berlageo, Imperial Palace (which houses a wonderful car museum on the top floor. The new revamped Alladin was a surprise too with the ceiling amazingly changes weather to storms or clouds etc. Paris is fun too with a good view from the top. As for the rides, the Big Shot on top of the Stratisphere Hotel was the ride of your life and the most scary, (Ride if you dare) Also the roller coaster was great with a view over the whole strip. The shopping malls were great too. Lots of different goods to tempt you. Everrywhere we went everyone was so very friendly.
Our first taste of Vegas was part of a 17 day tour but returned in 2000 to stay a week .
See my California West Coast Tour travelog (be warned though it is long. on my California page)
- Pros:Hotels are fun with shows and something for everyone
- Cons:Only con is if you spend too much in casinos you cannot return
- In a nutshell:Unbelievable, not to be missed place to go for all ages
Downtown Freemont Street - the old strip. Lazer shows, each hour of the evening., we saw the 7pm, 8pm and 9pm show, they... more travel advice
You must go up in the lift at the Stratisphere and ride on the Big Shot. What an experience. You feel as if the... more travel advice
doreenellen's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- updated a Las Vegas Travel Page "My Las Vegas Page"
- Uploaded a Video to Las Vegas
- Wrote a Review Stardust goes down in Las Vegas Hotels
- Posted in Travel Icmeler Forum "RE: its my first time to turkey"
- Commented on one of LuvMyBoxerKids's Las Vegas travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Downtown Freemont Street -..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Icmeler Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Canada Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Mersea Island Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mijas Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos