"Dubai" Dubai by doreenellen
Dubai Travel Guide: 3,632 reviews and 9,943 photos
Very interesting place to visit. They say the Jewel and it was. Beautiful beaches, warm seas and the pools at the hotels were very warm and pleasant. We visited a lot of the hotels around the Jumeirah Beach area for a drink or a meal and would not be able to choose a favorite. We stayed at the Oasis Beach which is a 4* right on the beach and was very happy there. We chose half board basis which suited us as could eat lunch or dinner at the hotel but still go out occasionally .We spent most of our days by the beach, or pool and our evenings visiting the shopping malls and other hotels.There was so much to do but they would have to wait til next time as only had 8 days in all. One of the greatest experiences was afternoon tea at the Burj. The food was wonderful and the surroundings with piano player was magical. The Burj itself is very space age with glass lift, hellicopter pad on the roof and sea restaurant within an aquarium. There is also a buffett restaurant which looked nice and many shops to window shop! The views from the hotel were spectaculer and the staff were very gracious. The only way to see inside the hotel itself is by booking a meal or staying there.All in all a lovely holiday apart from the many building sites everywhere. There were around 40 building going up around us at the Oasis but we tried not to notice.They work 24 hours and day 7 days a week so there is some building noice around you but one knows this when you book..Next time we visit, we must go into the desert and go out on a boat etc. There were water sports to suit all and lots of information available for other past times, like horse racing, cricket, golf, etc. Something for everyone. For your interest, we read in the Gulf Today Business newspaper whilst we were there that the Gulf region is to house 80 new hotels by the year 2008 and that 25,000 rooms and suites will be added to the existing regional hotel room stock as inbound businesses and leisure traffice increases.
We only visited this hotel for a drink but it was obvious that it catered for all ages with several restaurants, pools etc and also right on the beach. There were so many restaurants and shops and had about 27 floors. Well decorated for Christmas too. We walked around the gardens and saw the lovely pools and beach etc. Also the waterpark is right next door so a bonus for the children and big kids.
This picture was taken from the Burj where we were having afternoon tea! Tel 348 0000 for the Jumeirah Hotel
4 Camels parade up and down the beach to give you a thrill ride.
Makes a great photo oportunity against the warm inviting sea.
- Pros:Beautiful beaches, warm sea, great shopping and lots to see and do
- Cons:Building Sites everywhere you look
- In a nutshell:Diversity of the beautiful beaches and the shopping malls to suit everyone
Jeep Safari was one of our best days out. What an experience. The jeep picks you up fom your apartment or hotel around... more travel advice
I am still amazed by the skyline and the many buildings which dominate Dubai. The NEW BURJ TOWER is nearly built. Up to... more travel advice
doreenellen's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBAI - A HOTCHPOTCH OF CULTURES"
- "Dynamic, ever-changing, friendly, exciting..."
- "Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase"
- "Dubai Jewel of the Gulf"
- "Dubai is ......Dubai!"
- "A hot time in Dubai town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 18 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Icmeler Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Canada Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Mersea Island Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mijas Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos