"Venice" Venice Beach by doreenellen
Venice Beach Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 20 photos
What a pleasant surprise Venice turned out to be.
About 2 hours from Tampa a little piece of heaven.
Beautiful beaches, and sunsets. A little town with a high street, with different types of shops, an ice cream parlor, churches etc and wonderful waterways everywhere. It is not commecialised at all. Although there were Retail Outlets on the outskirts of the town.
We met several americans whom had come to Venice for the winter months - snow birds they call them they informed us.
We stayed in a little bungalow with its own pool and full facilities.
So much different to staying in a hotel.
We went to the local supermarkets and had bar be cues by own pool. We ate out some evenings but it was nice to have the choice.
We would love to live there as it has a magic of it's own.
We will go back one day as have really happy memories
The beaches were fantastic and there were plenty of wildlife to see every day. Most evenings we walked along the little piers to see the sunsets and the fishermen and birds etc.
We visited Sarasota, Anna Marie Island, St Petersburg etc. but lloved Venice the best.
- Pros:Beautiful, unspoilt beaches and lots of birds, dolphins etc
- Cons:Restaurants closed really early in December
- In a nutshell:Beautiful, unspoilt and quiet, unforgettable
A must see, when visiting Venice are the many piers. We saw the pelicans and dolphins every night at Casey Pier, in... more travel advice
The waterways are everywhere around Venice. You can hire accommodation complete with boat and mooring. Or just hire a... more travel advice
doreenellen's Related Pages
Venice Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "West is Best in Fla."
- "Venice Beach"
- "Venice Beach - Caspersen Bay beach Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice Beach
- Hotels in Venice Beach
- Restaurants in Venice Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice Beach
- 9 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Venice Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice Beach
Photos in Venice BeachSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Icmeler Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Canada Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Mersea Island Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mijas Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos