"HAPPY TRAVELLING FOR 2009" doreenellen's Profile
St Andrews church stands at the top of the hill in Halstead, overlooking the market town.
%. I have been with VT a few years now and still really enjoying reading about all your holidays and about the places you live. It is lovely to see those wonderful photographs you all post on VT.
I live in the little town of HALSTEAD, Essex where the town today is a bustling market town with a traditional High Street and two thriving industrial estates. It has good road links to London, Cambridge, Ipswich and Colchester and is located between the seaports of Harwich and Felixstowe, and London's Stansted Airport.
Some Hiistory - Halstead literally means healthy place. The town developed over many centuries and stands at a crossroads evolved from tracks made by Bronze Age settlers. Later prosperity, as in so many East Anglian towns, was founded on the wool trade. The Courtauld family and its silk businesses then gave the town a new lease of life.
Shopping - The steep High Street is a rarity in Britain today: it features many individual trader's shops, and market stalls on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Business Commerce and industry is diverse. There are two thriving industrial estates on either side of the town providing for a wide variety of service and manufacturing industries.
Attractions Halstead is a town for walking.
Business and domestic history is all around you when you stroll around, with fine Georgian fronts - those benchmarks of prosperity - disguising buildings' true ages. The town hosted the Essex Grand Prix Cycle Race each March for many years and the Roadrunners Fun Run in April. There is always plenty to see and do.
Halstead's daily newspaper is the Evening Gazette and its weekly paper is the Halstead Gazette. If you would like to see your picture of your town or a link used on this site, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
This church is in a little village near my town.
Please check with me before using any of my photographs. Thanks
Hols this year.
Mijas Costa - Costa del Sol - February
Gumbert - Turkey - May
Nothing else planned as yet.
Sunset from my home town
Water lilies too pretty not to share.
Just a day old and the baby ducks are out on the pond with their mummy. They were so fluffy and cute. We acturally saw them hatch, it was so exciting.
This lovely Clematis made my morning the day those buds popped out. They make a lovely show
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ON VT
Right in the heart of the countryside this little ford took my eye whilst out walking in Terling, near Chelmsford, Essex.There are many
country walks amongst the farms and little villages around the area.
This cornfield was ready for harvesting, so we were really lucky to walk long the footpath and catch this view.Another lovely sight in the essex countryside.This sort of day, I know I am lucky to live in the countryside
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 209 Reviews
- 351 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- doreenellen and paulapes are now friends.
- Commented on sim1's profile page
updated their Profile Page "HAPPY TRAVELLING FOR 2009"
- updated a Dubai Travel Page "Dubai"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jeep Safari"
- Wrote a Review Jeep Safari in Dubai Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Las Vegas
- Posted in Travel Icmeler Forum "RE: its my first time to turkey"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Icmeler Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Canada Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Mersea Island Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mijas Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos