"HAPPY TRAVELLING FOR 2009" doreenellen's Profile
St Andrews church stands at the top of the hill in Halstead, overlooking the market town.
%. I have been with VT a few years now and still really enjoying reading about all your holidays and about the places you live. It is lovely to see those wonderful photographs you all post on VT.
I live in the little town of HALSTEAD, Essex where the town today is a bustling market town with a traditional High Street and two thriving industrial estates. It has good road links to London, Cambridge, Ipswich and Colchester and is located between the seaports of Harwich and Felixstowe, and London's Stansted Airport.
Some Hiistory - Halstead literally means healthy place. The town developed over many centuries and stands at a crossroads evolved from tracks made by Bronze Age settlers. Later prosperity, as in so many East Anglian towns, was founded on the wool trade. The Courtauld family and its silk businesses then gave the town a new lease of life.
Shopping - The steep High Street is a rarity in Britain today: it features many individual trader's shops, and market stalls on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Business Commerce and industry is diverse. There are two thriving industrial estates on either side of the town providing for a wide variety of service and manufacturing industries.
Attractions Halstead is a town for walking.
Business and domestic history is all around you when you stroll around, with fine Georgian fronts - those benchmarks of prosperity - disguising buildings' true ages. The town hosted the Essex Grand Prix Cycle Race each March for many years and the Roadrunners Fun Run in April. There is always plenty to see and do.
Halstead's daily newspaper is the Evening Gazette and its weekly paper is the Halstead Gazette. If you would like to see your picture of your town or a link used on this site, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
This church is in a little village near my town.
Please check with me before using any of my photographs. Thanks
Hols this year.
Mijas Costa - Costa del Sol - February
Gumbert - Turkey - May
Nothing else planned as yet.
Sunset from my home town
Water lilies too pretty not to share.
Just a day old and the baby ducks are out on the pond with their mummy. They were so fluffy and cute. We acturally saw them hatch, it was so exciting.
This lovely Clematis made my morning the day those buds popped out. They make a lovely show
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ON VT
Right in the heart of the countryside this little ford took my eye whilst out walking in Terling, near Chelmsford, Essex.There are many
country walks amongst the farms and little villages around the area.
This cornfield was ready for harvesting, so we were really lucky to walk long the footpath and catch this view.Another lovely sight in the essex countryside.This sort of day, I know I am lucky to live in the countryside
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Santa Cruz Hotels
- New Hampshire Hotels
- Fort Walton Beach
- Lamma Island Hotels
- Legaspi City
- San Francisco
- Bhutan Hotels
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Prampram Hotels
- Sanibel Island
- Monterosso al Mare
- Las Vegas
- Peschiera del Garda
- Ulu Bedok Village Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 209 Reviews
- 351 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- doreenellen and paulapes are now friends.
- Commented on sim1's profile page
updated their Profile Page "HAPPY TRAVELLING FOR 2009"
- updated a Dubai Travel Page "Dubai"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jeep Safari"
- Wrote a Review Jeep Safari in Dubai Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Las Vegas
- Posted in Travel Icmeler Forum "RE: its my first time to turkey"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Icmeler Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Dubai Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Canada Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Mersea Island Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Crete Island Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mijas Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos