"The occult capital of England" Glastonbury by unexplored
Glastonbury Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 424 photos
Shrouded in Arthurian myth and rich in mystical association, the town of Glastonbury was once one of the most important destinations for pilgrims in England. Now, thousands flock here for the annual music festival and for the summer solstice on Midsummer's Day.
Over the years history and legend have become intertwined and the monks who founded Glastonbury Abbey, found it profitable to encourage the association between Glastonbury and the mythical "Blessed Isle" known as Avalon - alleged to be the last resting place of King Arthur and the Holy Grail.
- In a nutshell:A centre of New Age culture
Mysticism and mythology have surrounded the Chalice Well Gardens which is supposedly the hiding place of the Holy Grail.... more travel advice
Legend suggests that Joseph of Arimathea, great-uncle of Jesus, owned mines in this area and returned here with the Holy... more travel advice
unexplored's Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 52 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 2 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Hamburg 7 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glastonbury Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Sebastián Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Salisbury 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bedford Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue