"Muir Beach: Small is Beautiful!" Muir by Gwynethart
Muir Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Muir Woods gets many visitors, as it is known for the huge old redwood trees, but close by is the small southern Marin County "town" of Muir Beach. There is a small population of under 200 people who live there.
Would you like to see some movies of Muir Beach, California? I just made these with my little camera:
This area is set around the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. There is even a Zen Buddhist meditation retreat called the Green Gulch Farm/Zen Center.
The wildlife here is plentiful: fox, deer, birds, coyote, salmon, and butterflies abound!
- Pros:Sea, sky, fresh air!
- In a nutshell:A rugged and peaceful refuge.
I'm not going to lie and say that I've stayed here. After all, I live only about 40 minutes away, and let's face it,... more travel advice
Gwynethart's Related Pages
Muir Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Muir
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Muir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muir
Photos in MuirSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Porto Alegre Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- San Anselmo Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chelyabinsk Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Jolon Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Muir hotel reviews
- Pelican Inn
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013