"Warsaw, New & Old" Warsaw by Gwynethart
Warsaw Travel Guide: 3,045 reviews and 7,426 photos
It has taken me a few months to put together this page on Warsaw. I have many photos to add, but the reason is not because of the amount of photos, it is more because of the conflicting emotions I felt while I was here. I was there for two weeks in March. Cold, snowy, incredibly grey...a city with so much history: splendid, horrific, beautiful, depressing. A city of opposites, and a community of strong and warm people that I am so happy to now know.
The recontruction of the Old Town in Warsaw is nothing short of a miracle. The photos of the bombing after World War II make Warsaw look like a living hell. How these people were able to pull together and create such beauty gives hope to the human race.
This is one of the Jewish memorials in Warsaw. I took a tour of Warsaw, and saw much of the history of this city, from Lazienki Park to remainders of the Communist era, to the Jewish cemetery. By the end of the day, our last stop was the Jewish cemetery. The last thing I saw was a memorial to the children...people were saying, "Oh look, there are photos of the children." I told myself not to look...there were photos set amongst candles and flowers...how was it that everyone was not on there knees sobbing, I don't know. I staggered out of there, blind with tears.
This is a nice restaurant in the Old Town, not too fancy, but not exactly a hole-in-the-wall, either. The staff is... more travel advice
My description is going to be pretty subjective. I really felt my heart sink when I saw where I was going to be living... more travel advice
Gwynethart's Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
Photos in WarsawSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Ouro PrÍto Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Porto Alegre Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- San Anselmo Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Jolon Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chelyabinsk Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos