"Longnor: A Village in The Peak District" Longnor by Gwynethart
Longnor Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
This is the village of Longnor, with the church of St Bartholomew, in the backround.
This village used to be a thriving market town, but there was lack of a railway link, which slowed down business. Now the market hall is a craft centre with a coffee shop.
Longnor is not a large village by any means, but it has some charm and I really like wandering around its little streets. Here is a doorway with some whimsical details.
There are four pubs here, one of which is named The Crewe and Harpur, as Longnor used to belong to that estate. The Grapes, The Horseshoe Inn, and the Cheshire Cheese are the three other pubs that you will find in Longnor.
Dating back to 1609, The Horseshoe is the oldest surviving pub in Longnor. Why is does it have the name "The Horseshoe?"... more travel advice
Gwynethart's Related Pages
Longnor Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Longnor
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Longnor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Longnor
Photos in LongnorSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Porto Alegre Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- San Anselmo Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chelyabinsk Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Jolon Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos