Tibet Transportation Tips by tiganeasca
Tibet Transportation: 42 reviews and 48 photos
Unless you are a world-class biker or have all the time in the world, the only practical way to get around Tibet is by Toyota Landcruiser. Why Toyota? I don't know. But that seems to be the vehicle of choice for just about every tour guide and company.
Even looking at a map and understanding, intellectually, the distances involved was not sufficient preparation for the number of hours spent sitting down getting from place to place. They may not be the world's most comfortable vehicles (at least not for hours on end and days without end), but I can personally attest that they are among the world's best at negotiating the sometimes tortuous terrain of Tibet.
All in all, we came to love our little Landcruiser and you will too--if for no other reason than that you have little choice!
More Reviews (23)
- See All If you want some luxury...
- See All Beautiful, curious children...
- Tibet...where the store comes to you!
- Listen to the nice soldiers...they want...
- Tashi delek!--and don't forget to do...
tiganeasca's Related Pages
Tibet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Roof of the World - Under Construction"
- "Returning to Tibet!"
- "TIBET: unique people in unique land... and Beijing"
- "Roof of the World"
- "Tibet, the Buddhists on top of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tibet
- Hotels in Tibet
- Transportation in Tibet
- Nightlife in Tibet
- Restaurants in Tibet
- Shopping in Tibet
- Warnings and Dangers in Tibet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tibet
- 24 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tibet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tibet
Top 10 Pages
- Tibet 24 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos
- Romania 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Nepal 12 reviews, 6 photos
- Krakow 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Bucharest 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Budapest 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Prague 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Moscow 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Minsk 10 reviews, 4 photos