"örlikins geht nach Stein am Rhein" Top 5 Page for this destination Stein am Rhein by orlikins

Stein am Rhein Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 174 photos

I was in neighbouring Ramsen for a business meeting and after the meeting, our Swiss and German colleagues arranged for us to go sightseeing in Stein am Rhein and down the shore of Lake Constance (or Bodensee) as far as Birnau on the German side of the lake. There is nothing at all to see in Ramsen, it is just a border village with a couple of shops and houses. However Stein am Rhein is truly unique and worth a visit.

Please do not ask me about recommended hotels, bars or restaurants because I did not have time try any of them. I was only there for an hour maximum, just enough to walk around and take some pictures.

I am including my pics of Lake Constance here as well as it was all part of the same day trip.

• Pros:Very well preserved and beautiful architecture
  • Cons:Rather expensive for tourists!
  • Last visit to Stein am Rhein: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2004

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Thanks for the look at Stein am Rhein! Cheers, Mark

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Lovely little page about Stein am Rhein, where we have been today on a daytrip from Zurich.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 11:31 PM

Nice page from an off-season visit of Stein am Rhein. I wish you a Happy Birthday! Hope to meet you one day in the real world!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 9:43 AM

Nice look at this preserved German town. And you are right, in the summer, the bussed tourists are much more in the picture;-]

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2004 at 7:12 AM

This was surely cold in winter - and not very touristy :-)

• Feb 26, 2004 at 9:59 AM

looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 6:24 AM

ineteresing hidden destination - neat mural ;-)))

orlikins

“No spam please.”

Badges & Stats in Stein am Rhein

Have you been to Stein am Rhein?