"Orlikins jdu Ceske Budejovice" Ceske Budejovice by orlikins
Ceske Budejovice Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 523 photos
hmmm guess where i am...? :)
We went to Ceske B as a day trip from Prague, cos I wanted to fufil a long-time ambition to check out the Budweiser Brewery :)
As you know Budvar is the more tasty, sophisticated cousin of that crap known as Budweiser. :) It's darker, stronger and foamy.
Those of you who know me, know that I have a very low opinion of Irish muck and that American Budweiser & Miller ***. But thats because I know better. I used to live in Munich for crying out loud, I *know* my beer. Whilst in Prague I got re-acquainted with proper vodka, bootlegged some Absinthe (that stuff is 70% proof you know, and banned in Ireland), sampled some Staromeske and had plenty of 30p pints :) We came the closest to booze heaven on a trip to the Bud Brewery in Bohemia. But it was closer to hell as there was all that beer and we could'nt drink any of it!! Though Alan had a good time trying.. Keith, Colm and Alan were captivated by our guide, one of those mini-skirted East European bits of fluff you see with fat German businessmen ;). They were so endearingly pathetic with their tongues drooling, staying at the foot of a flight of stairs so they could look up her skirt. Anyway the tour was most informative, "and I must say", and we and a lovely Australian couple went to the Budvar Bar to taste what Real Budweiser was supposed to be like, before Anheuser Busch polluted it for the Yank market. Here's some pix of our beer-fuelled odyssey
Also, things were getting kinda dodgy in Prague, as the build-up & security for the IMF conference got more and more oppressive. So we figured it might be good to get outta Prague for a day.
Alan trying to suck the vats dry in the Budweiser brewery...he's never lived this picture down....
Surburban buses all around the city. Very easy to get around more travel advice
orlikins' Related Pages
Ceske Budejovice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ceske Budejovice - much more than just a beer !!"
- "Welcome in Budweis"
- "Ceske Budejovice"
- "Ceské Budejovice"
- "The Home of Budvar"
- "Orlikins jdu Ceske Budejovice"
- "Ceske Budejovice Czech Rep."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ceske Budejovice
- Hotels in Ceske Budejovice
- Transportation in Ceske Budejovice
- Nightlife in Ceske Budejovice
- Restaurants in Ceske Budejovice
- Shopping in Ceske Budejovice
- Warnings and Dangers in Ceske Budejovice
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jekyll Island
- Fort Pierce Inlet State Recreation Area Hotels
- Topsail Beach Hotels
- Bojongsoang Hotels
- Puerto Morelos
- Province of Negros Oriental Hotels
- Mugalivakkam Hotels
- Lake Elsinore
- Waterton Lakes National Park
- La Barra de Navidad Hotels
- Saint Helier
Badges & Stats in Ceske Budejovice
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Ceske Budejovice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ceske Budejovice
Photos in Ceske BudejoviceSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 102 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 61 reviews, 46 photos
- Kilkenny Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 46 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Howth Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 34 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos
- County Limerick Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wexford Intro, 34 reviews, 25 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (12)
Latest Ceske Budejovice hotel reviews
- Gran Hotel Zvon
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Penzion Restaurant Centrum
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2012
- Hotel Garni P.V.T.
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Hotel Bohemia
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel Filip
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 11, 2013
- Residence U Cerne Veze
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013