"Orlikins jdu Ceske Budejovice" Ceske Budejovice by orlikins

Ceske Budejovice Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 523 photos

mmmm.....beer......

hmmm guess where i am...? :)

We went to Ceske B as a day trip from Prague, cos I wanted to fufil a long-time ambition to check out the Budweiser Brewery :)
As you know Budvar is the more tasty, sophisticated cousin of that crap known as Budweiser. :) It's darker, stronger and foamy.
Those of you who know me, know that I have a very low opinion of Irish muck and that American Budweiser & Miller ***. But thats because I know better. I used to live in Munich for crying out loud, I *know* my beer. Whilst in Prague I got re-acquainted with proper vodka, bootlegged some Absinthe (that stuff is 70% proof you know, and banned in Ireland), sampled some Staromeske and had plenty of 30p pints :) We came the closest to booze heaven on a trip to the Bud Brewery in Bohemia. But it was closer to hell as there was all that beer and we could'nt drink any of it!! Though Alan had a good time trying.. Keith, Colm and Alan were captivated by our guide, one of those mini-skirted East European bits of fluff you see with fat German businessmen ;). They were so endearingly pathetic with their tongues drooling, staying at the foot of a flight of stairs so they could look up her skirt. Anyway the tour was most informative, "and I must say", and we and a lovely Australian couple went to the Budvar Bar to taste what Real Budweiser was supposed to be like, before Anheuser Busch polluted it for the Yank market. Here's some pix of our beer-fuelled odyssey

Also, things were getting kinda dodgy in Prague, as the build-up & security for the IMF conference got more and more oppressive. So we figured it might be good to get outta Prague for a day.

Alan trying to suck the vats dry in the Budweiser brewery...he's never lived this picture down....

• Last visit to Ceske Budejovice: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 21, 2002

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2005 at 1:33 PM

Budvar is sooooooo good! Very enjoyable page, both the pics & the writing! I'd love to see more of the Czech Rep. someday.

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2004 at 2:23 PM

Budvar is definitely better than the American muck, glad to see you enjoyed CB too.

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 11:42 AM

I hope to go over soon and czech out the beer!! Well worth a visit to the Brewery I am sure.

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 11:45 AM

As I read this I keep thinking there is something missing :-( The Guide!!!! You brought her up, its unfair not to add her picture...

• KazigluBey's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2003 at 3:10 AM

Ha! I'm glad we share the opinion of regular budweiser (Fermented Rat Urine!) Figures those pigs @ A.Busch would hold back the Budvar from us in USA! Ever had Shljivovitza?

• May 4, 2003 at 6:12 AM

*lol* hope you and your friends got very very very drunk ;-)

• Mar 11, 2003 at 8:20 AM

Yeah, Budvar rules :)...
    As for transportation, there are 11 trains setting off from CB to Prague each day.
    "Ceske" is an adjective and means "Czech", therefore the name "Ceske Budejovice" is abbreviated like "Budejovice" or "Budejce" for locals :)

• Dec 4, 2002 at 7:12 AM

hahaha - the photo of ur friend sucking the barrel, brilliant :) !!!

• Nov 21, 2002 at 5:53 AM

Budweiser rools!

• Jul 7, 2002 at 1:35 PM

I am going for exactly the same reason :)

orlikins

“No spam please.”

Badges & Stats in Ceske Budejovice

Have you been to Ceske Budejovice?

Latest Activity in Ceske Budejovice