"Orlikins goes to Terezin" Terezin by orlikins
Terezin Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 213 photos
It's really very profound to visit a concentration camp, knowing you can leave whenever you want, or standing in an old gas chamber unlike thousands upons thousands of unfortunate Eastern Europeans during WW2. I will read anything to do with WW2, it's one of those things that you cannot believe happened in such relatively recent times.
I read Herman Wouks book 'War & Rememberance' where one of the characters was sent to Terezin, so visiting Terezin really made the book even more vivid upon re-reading it. I do a lot of German translation work on behalf of a Commission which compensates the descendants of Holocaust victims and the things I have read about Terezin (or Theresienstadt as it was then known) would make your skin crawl.
We didnt do anything else in Terezin apart from visiting the camp, so thats why I dont have any restaurant, nightlife or shopping tips here. Not that I could face it after such an experience.
- In a nutshell:A very moving experience
orlikins' Related Pages
Terezin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Terezin Ghetto"
- "The History Of Terezin..."
- "A Place of Memories and Horror"
- "TEREZIN'S SAD TRUE STORY"
- "Orlikins goes to Terezin"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Terezin
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Terezin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terezin
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 102 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 61 reviews, 46 photos
- Kilkenny Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 46 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Howth Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 34 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos
- County Limerick Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wexford Intro, 34 reviews, 25 photos