"Orlikins gets stranded in Louvain la Neuve" Louvain-la-Neuve by orlikins

Louvain-la-Neuve Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 20 photos

www.dice.ucl.ac.be/crypto/images/map-lln.gif

My soujourn in Louvain la Neuve (LLN) came after my 4 month stint teaching English in the University of Graz, Austria. The plan was to stay in LLN for the summer to improve my French & get a summer job (and travel around Benelux when i got time off) before going back to Dublin in the autumn for my final degree year.

?.yes?.that was the plan alright?.

As my friend Maeve had spent her Erasmus year in LLN, she recommended that I come up to Belgium and stay with her for a few days til I got a job and a flat. Sounds good so far. But with various teaching commitments and visitors I had in Graz, I couldn?t get to LLN until the end of June, of course by then, she would have left. That couldn?t be helped, but I figured I?d get by.

?.of course that didn?t happen?

I left most of my luggage back in Brussels airport, intending to come back to pick them up once I had gotten accommodation in LLN. So I hopped on the first train to Louvain, only to realise I ended up in Leuven and not LLN!! Leuven is the Flemish for Louvain. But no worries, I got back on track pretty quickly and arrived in LLN (Universit? station)

If you do need to stay in this general area, the nearest large town is Ottignies, you are probably better off going there instead of LLN. I will admit my knowledge of this town is pretty limited, but if you find this page useful/entertaining, then my work here is done :-)

• Cons:absolutely dead in summer
  • In a nutshell:Not a worthwhile tourist spot.
  • Last visit to Louvain-la-Neuve: Jun 1999
  • Intro Updated Apr 9, 2006

• Djinn76's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 12:40 PM

Lol, everything is so true ;-) Not really a tourist place!! LLN without student is like a ski resort in the summer...

• DrewV's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 2:39 PM

Nice page -- too bad you missed LLN during the school year. It's a mad place then. Cheers!

• May 2, 2003 at 2:16 PM

really funny anecdotes! :-)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2003 at 3:53 PM

great accomodation ;-))

• AndyRG's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2003 at 7:42 AM

Students all over Europe there, probably not a tourist destination...

• OlafS's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2003 at 8:10 AM

I almost went here because it was supposed to be so interesting for its modern architecture. Now I think I'd have preferred to end up in Leuven instead. Amusing page though.

• Dec 11, 2002 at 4:23 AM

thats terrible - a refugee centre??

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2002 at 7:56 AM

it looks not so easy to reach louvain lln and... to find tips:))...french is the more used,you tell:of course,lln stands in wallonia,belgium french speaking part!(leuven in flanders,dutch speaking part!)

orlikins

“No spam please.”

Badges & Stats in Louvain-la-Neuve

Have you been to Louvain-la-Neuve?

Latest Activity in Louvain-la-Neuve