"Orlikins goes to Andorra la Vella" Top 5 Page for this destination Andorra la Vella by orlikins
Andorra la Vella Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 224 photos
Andorra la Vella incorporates another town called Escaldes-Endgornay, which can be a bit confusing. Basically Escaldes' main st - Ave Carlmany stretches downhill and you see a sign "Benvinguts a Andorra-la-Vella" down by Pans Sandwich bar. Ave Carlmany is then called Ave Meritxell.
I ended up staying in Andorra-la-Vella for a week after my friend Yvonne broke her leg in a skiing accident in Arinsal and she needed one of us to stay back for company & help organise flights home & the travel insurance company. Normally I would have gone for budget accomodation, but seeing as I wasnt paying for it, I went to one of the top hotels in town :) Most of the time I was in the hospital anyway but i did get to go out & about in A-la-V while I was there.
This picture is of Caldea thermal spas.
Escaldes originally belonged to A la V up the 1970s. The Endgordany part of town was predominantly rural but Escaldes, lower down the valley slopes thrived off the local natural spas and resulting service industries, making it more economically dominant than Endgordany. It was in 1726 when Les Escaldes merged with Endgordany.
However Escaldes-Endgordany “seceded” from Andorra la Vella town in 1978, becoming a parish & town it its own right. It’s now the 2nd largest parish in terms of population in Andorra
So in order to create a separate identity for itself, Escaldes worked on lots of architectural projects and hotels and developed the Caldea spas.
Endgordany is higher up on the slopes of the surrounding Pyrenees, while Escaldes is around by the Merixtell hospital and spa & Av. Carlemany
Lots of Hotels are signposted in yellow around the town/s.
No train station or airport in all of Andorra. Nearest option would be go to Toulouse or Barcelona more travel advice
Alcohol prices are EXCELLENT all over A-la-V. Recommend you stock up as much as you can. :-)) Alcohol, definitely.... more travel advice
- See All Tourist Information
- Language issues
- Lap of Luxury!
- Crazy traffic
orlikins' Related Pages
Andorra la Vella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ANDORRA'S CAPITAL"
- "The highest capital city in Europe!"
- "under construction"
- "Andorra de Villa"
- "Orlikins goes to Andorra la Vella"
- "Andorra the Old"
- "The birthplace of Democracy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Andorra la Vella
- Hotels in Andorra la Vella
- Transportation in Andorra la Vella
- Nightlife in Andorra la Vella
- Restaurants in Andorra la Vella
- Shopping in Andorra la Vella
- Warnings and Dangers in Andorra la Vella
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Andorra la Vella
- 15 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Andorra la Vella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Andorra la Vella
- Posted in Travel Killarney Forum "Re: Hen weekend"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shoes"
- Commented on one of Buckz's Andorra la Vella travel pages
- updated a Andorra la Vella Travel Page "Orlikins goes to Andorra la Vella"
- Wrote a Review Uh, Mommy, what's a train? What's a plane? in Andorra la Vella Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 102 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 61 reviews, 46 photos
- Kilkenny Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 46 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Howth Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 34 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos
- County Limerick Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wexford Intro, 34 reviews, 25 photos